Hunt Lionfish with a Glock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
if you know me, i do not believe that any mass of SCUBA divers will ever fix what one man and nature has created: the Lionfish invasives.

Eradication of Lionfish by man is simply not going to happen.

That said, and altho I was born with a 1911 in my hand (Oh, poor Mom), I do like a Glock for EDC.

https://b.thechive.com/PIgc/4pXIFHanlK

“All our interns share a Glock”
- Captain Zissou (Bill F Murray)

I read that someone (may have?) developed some sort of chemical/gadget/whatever that supposedly attacks Lionfish at depths where they are in massive numbers and where divers can't reach. Anyone else hear of this?

...Eradication of Lionfish by man is simply not going to happen.....

You really need to attend a few dive show events. Today I was in Tallahassee FL at the legislative capital's " Dive-In " event to speak face to face with lawmakers to get funding. I'm not going to spoil it, but there is some really unique and promising new deep water technology that people are working on as well as altering behavior.
Never say never,,,put down the keyboard,,,,dive into and come to the lionfish events !!

Back
Top Bottom