Hurghada Dive Ops? Pro Sea Team/Emperor/Blue Sea, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachica

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be in Hurghada in early Jan. & am looking for a good dive op for day trips. I'm staying at the Conrad International, which has a dive shop called Pro Sea Team Dive Shop. I don't know anything about it or the other Hurghada dive shops. Blue Sea, Emperor and Colonade (sp?) dive ops all have been mentioned in the postings.

Anyway, if Pro Sea Team is good, it may be the convenient way to go. But, I'd like to get opinions from those who've used Pro Sea and/or other dive ops in Hurghada.

Thanks!

scubachica:
I'm going to be in Hurghada in early Jan. & am looking for a good dive op for day trips.

Thanks!

hmm, was there in September, and the wife, me and our friends went with Dive Point, based at coral sea, run by Dave.

http://www.divepoint.com

The wife and i are total novices, before the red sea trip, accreditation dives only (whitsundays mind you :eyebrow: ), but DivePoint were superb, great crew, great guides and a good mix. We were based at the Hilton Long Beach, which was next to Coral Sea, so from central hurghada, you are looking at a 15 minute trip, but they send a minibus anyway... Very impressed and will most probably go back with them next year

Cheers

p.s. Great mix of nationalities as well, truly a european based outfit

I was in Hurghada in April and dove with Panorama (www.panorama-divers.com) again a good bunch with their own 'reef' and a wreck right at their doorsteps. I would recommend them for you to check out or to get in touch with.

scubachica:
I'm going to be in Hurghada in early Jan. & am looking for a good dive op for day trips. I'm staying at the Conrad International, which has a dive shop called Pro Sea Team Dive Shop. I don't know anything about it or the other Hurghada dive shops. Blue Sea, Emperor and Colonade (sp?) dive ops all have been mentioned in the postings.

Anyway, if Pro Sea Team is good, it may be the convenient way to go. But, I'd like to get opinions from those who've used Pro Sea and/or other dive ops in Hurghada.

Thanks!
I know the hotel (it's a very nice one) and the centre - not that they are bad but they are mainly focused on Intros rather than already experienced divers. And they were expensive. So I wouldn't take them. Blue Sea is the centre I use, Colona is the centre my good friends are working for and I know that this is a very good centre. They are located at Magawish Hotel. You can check here:
http://www.colona.com/
BTW remember that Jan is winter time - so take some sweatshirts and jackets with you!!!!!
Mania

blueparadise is a verry good dive operator, www.bluaparadise.be
They pick you up on your hotel and bring you back after diving
There boat is the best i have ever seen for daily diving!
They clean every day you equiptement also.
And most of the DM are belgium and dutch.

Greetings Bruno
www.vui.be

Back
Top Bottom