Hurghada Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBride

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Hurghada for 5 days and I want to dive 1 day to scratch off my bucket list lol. Have a few questions. 1. Do I trust their gear, hate to pack mine to lug around Egypt for 3 weeks. 2. Who do you recommend, I may request a dive-master just for me, I JUST refreshed after 4 years. 3. Do I need a logbook? I stopped logging many years ago after moving to Cozumel. How deep are the normal dives and what will I see? I am Advanced Open-water and Nitrox, do they have Nitrox?

Gracias for the advice

1. If you go with one of the well reputed divecenters, no problem. You can trust their gear. The level on the dive industry in Egypt is very high (50+ years experience from dive tourism). There are bad ones, of course, but many good ones (in no particular order): Emperor, Sinai Divers, Colona, James & Mac. And more.

2. Since I haven't done day diving in a long time in Hurghada I can't really recommend one above the other, but James & Mac were good back in the day inme. You can hire a DM just for you, don't know the cost but usually Egypt isn't that expensive. A good idea to get the most out of your single day diving.

3. If you pay for a personal DM, you van get away with not having a loogbook. There are all types of dives and depths in the Hurghada area are generally shallower than in e.g. Sinai (not as many wall dives). There are a number of nice wreck dives on Abu Nuhas reef. You will see nice and colorful hard and soft coral and and fish of smaller size. Perhaps a few reef sharks and rays. Dolphins or a manta ray if you're lucky. It depends on season, location and luck. Water is normally clear and blue and fish and coral diversity is much greater than in the Carribean. Anything is possible, nothing is promised.

4. Most centers offer Nitrox.

good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom