Hybrid BCD vs. Dragon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llfowler

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone know the primary differences between the new Hybrid BCD and the Dragon, other than the hybrid has a smaller, foldable backpack.

Not sure of the specific differences, since there are no detailed reviews yet. It looks as though the Hybrid is a bit less massive than the Dragon; I noticed that the sides wrap around lower under the arms, for example. It's my impression that the Hybrid is more portable. I would also be curious to know if there are any features in the Dragon that the Hybrid doesn't have. It does appear the Hybrid can be used with the optional Mares octopus, like the Dragon.

But so far I've been unable to buy it. New York City's largest and most popular scuba store, Leisure Pro, didn't even know it existed when I visited on February 6th. This is a shame because I need to replace my trusty old Zeagle.

By the way, my dive shop spoke to Mares and told me the new Hybrid MRS Plus won't be available until some time in April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom