Hydro Testing on the Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know if the scuba repair place does hydro testing? Somewhere else, maybe? My anti-virus software won't let me visit their site.
Across from the entrance to La Mission is the new tank fill place. I have not talked with him since last February but my guess is he is doing hydros. He did them when he was in Puerto Morelos.

Website says they do - I checked on the secretary computer, mine wouldn't let me either!!!

Off the Cozumel Scuba Repair web sight
CSR hydro.png

Across from the entrance to La Mission is the new tank fill place. I have not talked with him since last February but my guess is he is doing hydros. He did them when he was in Puerto Morelos.

That seems to make two places then :)

So, that's La Mission and not Casa Mission? The one on Calle 5 and Melgar?

I haven't tried them, but it looks like Sempere does, on General Francisco J. Mujica, between 7th and Calle Miguel Hidalgo. It's the opposite corner of the block with the Meridiano fill station at Coldwell (30th) and 7th.

https://goo.gl/maps/pti9G46qJxm

That seems to make two places then :)

So, that's La Mission and not Casa Mission? The one on Calle 5 and Melgar?
Sorry, Casa Mission, it is right beside BA's fill place if I am right. Have not been there since February. Not 100% sure he does hydros but he did on the mainland. I saw XTC tanks in there for hydros from Xcalak so people came a ways.

Edit: I sent an email to find out if Stathis is doing hydros.

Sorry, Casa Mission, it is right beside BA's fill place if I am right. Have not been there since February. Not 100% sure he does hydros but he did on the mainland. I saw XTC tanks in there for hydros from Xcalak so people came a ways.

I would seem likely. Worth stopping in and asking the next time I'm at Casa Mission.

Hopefully they'll hydro my old steel 72s, but if not I guess I'll just have to get some AL80s or whatever. We are contemplating renting an apartment or small house on the island and even at $10 to rent a tank it can add up quickly so I'll be bringing my little compressor. According to SouthWest's baggage policy I'm pretty sure I can bring it on the airplane. It should be interesting doing the "bag drag" with it :wink:

Hopefully they'll hydro my old steel 72s, but if not I guess I'll just have to get some AL80s or whatever. We are contemplating renting an apartment or small house on the island and even at $10 to rent a tank it can add up quickly so I'll be bringing my little compressor. According to SouthWest's baggage policy I'm pretty sure I can bring it on the airplane. It should be interesting doing the "bag drag" with it :wink:
I think you should talk to Stathis across from Casa Mission. I own 9 tanks in Q. Roo but the cost to rent has been so low that I generally just rent them. I don't know what he is charging but it wasn't anything like $10 on the mainland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom