Hydros pro resize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrouss28

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I have a Hydros pro that is a large. I probably should have bought a medium when I bought it because I was probably in the middle of the two sizes. The problem is I have been dropping some weight and am pretty close to fully adjusted oon the chest and cummerbund strap. My question is since it's modular has any one ever replaced the straps to a different size?

Thanks
John

Which straps are you referring to (i.e., shoulder vs waist)?
One of my regular dive buddies changed out his harness from a large to an extra-large for when using his drysuit.
I was thinking potentially both but shoulder straps soon, I am cinched all the way on the chest.

I assume you’ve moved the waist strap to the shortest eye loops where they join at the backplate? I think they ship like that already but worth checking.

Are the shoulder straps still vertical down your front when the chest strap is fully shortened?

I assume you’ve moved the waist strap to the shortest eye loops where they join at the backplate? I think they ship like that already but worth checking.

Are the shoulder straps still vertical down your front when the chest strap is fully shortened?
It is and they are, I still have about 10 lbs before I need to do something so, who knows. I am being optimistic and trying to have my ducks in a row if I do. unfortunately, I bought this the heaviest I ever was. I used to be small waisted but stocky.

Thanks

Hello,

I have a Hydros pro that is a large. I probably should have bought a medium when I bought it because I was probably in the middle of the two sizes. The problem is I have been dropping some weight and am pretty close to fully adjusted oon the chest and cummerbund strap. My question is since it's modular has any one ever replaced the straps to a different size?

Thanks
John
I did. But the other way than you want to do ! I bought the straps for a larger size as I wanted it to fit with a drysuit (witch is larger than a wetsuit). My bcd is medium and I bought the straps (directly to Scubapro) for the large size. There is quite a difference on the lenght of the straps so it helps to put on the bcd and of course it fits ok for a larger suit.
If you go from large to medium you will be able to squeeze it a bit more with the cummerbund strap but I am not sure for the chest. The straps are shorter for the smaller size but I am not sure you can tighter them more, The difference in size on this aspect is done with the rest of the bcd I think (shoulders). I have to check my smaller straps !
I will check today or tomorrow and come back to tell you

I did. But the other way than you want to do ! I bought the straps for a larger size as I wanted it to fit with a drysuit (witch is larger than a wetsuit). My bcd is medium and I bought the straps (directly to Scubapro) for the large size. There is quite a difference on the lenght of the straps so it helps to put on the bcd and of course it fits ok for a larger suit.
If you go from large to medium you will be able to squeeze it a bit more with the cummerbund strap but I am not sure for the chest. The straps are shorter for the smaller size but I am not sure you can tighter them more, The difference in size on this aspect is done with the rest of the bcd I think (shoulders). I have to check my smaller straps !
I will check today or tomorrow and come back to tell you
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom