Hydrostatic testing and serviceable life of tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be aware, however, that some dive shops have arbitrary policies that they will not fill tanks older than 20 years, no matter what.
A VERY good point. And, I have seen this 'infection' spread among dive shops in the past several years. I do understand the risk averse behavior. But, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO objective data to support the '20 year' policy.

A VERY good point. And, I have seen this 'infection' spread among dive shops in the past several years. I do understand the risk averse behavior. But, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO objective data to support the '20 year' policy.
I haven't seen a 20 year policy personally. But I have seen many places that do not fill aluminum cylinders dated before 1990. It is easier for them to have a blanket policy than having a kid look up the type of tank to find the correct month and year that tank switched. I get it, sucks for some people that own perfectly good 1989 Luxfer AL80s, but I get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom