hydrostatic testing in monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any places in the monterey area that I can send two tanks to get hydro tested?

how much?

More to the point, does anyone know anyone who will work with me to +rate some old 72s?

Check with a fire extinguisher business that does hydros also. Our local fire equipment shop charges $15.00. You will still need a vis sticker or a vis from a dive shop. Technically the vis is performed by the hydro shop.

No shops in Monterey have in-house facilities for hydrostatic testing. If you take your cylinder to Aquarius, they send it off to be hydro'd at Pacific Coast Scuba, located in Morgan Hill. SCUBA Repairs

I see you live in San Ramon, I actually live real REAL close by when I'm out of school.
Have you tried Anchor Shack in Pacheco ($40) or Steel's Discount in Oakland?

I don't know prices off the top of my head, nor any dive shops in monterey that hydro.
I know there's one in Santa Cruz but they require 4 tanks before they send a batch off for testing.

If you're looking for a shop that does hydro on site then chance are you're not going to find any.

I'm going to CSUMB now, so I need to find one down here. Google shows a place just south of salinas that might do it. I'm going to call them this week to find out their prices.

my dive instructor mentioned that there is a dive shop opening up in sand city/seaside that can do hydro's in store.

I like using Wallins for hydro and visual they charge 50$ a tanks,they use palo alto fire, they use nice process and dry tanks properly. i tried host of fire extinguisher hydro facilities, cheapest being one in Oakland 18$ a tank. no plus rating and full tank of flash rust. So pay $50 get sticker and hydro. and do open tanks and check them every year yourself regardless of stickers on it :)

Back
Top Bottom