Hyperstretch Gone Flat.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloustalot

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone out there have a hyperstretch suit with 100 or more dives on it? What is the condition of it now as opposed to when you bought it?

I have a hyperstretch 3MM that has approximately 130 dives on it or so. I've had it about 2 years. I had it custom made - so it wasn't cheap. I've been noticing that I seem to get colder in it than I used to - and today, when I was comparing it to my husband's 3MM hyperstretch (about 15 dives) the difference in neoprene thickness is amazing!

My 3MM hyperstretch is now the same thickness as my .5MM microprene.

Is this normal? I can't believe that this suit would have such a short life span - I certainly can't afford to have a custom wetsuit made every two years. I take immaculate care of this suit - always clean it with Mirazyme and hang it up on a wetsuit hanger to store.

Anybody else with the same problem?

C

I have one with a bit over 40 dives on it and have not noticed much change. I was told that they don't last as long as other 'regular' neoprene suits and are more prone to rips. Also, they aren't as warm as other suits because when it stretches it gets thinner. I think my next one will be a normal suit because I can use all 7mm of insulation at the beginning and end of the season. They are easy to put on though.

Joe

Sideband:
I was told that they don't last as long as other 'regular' neoprene suits and are more prone to rips. Also, they aren't as warm as other suits because when it stretches it gets thinner.
Good information to know. Thanks!

There are always tradeoffs... as I understand it, the Hyperstretch material has more air and less neoprene, so it's lighter, stretchier, more expensive and... less durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom