I am very disappointed with Genesis...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCadiver,

I am sorry but...I took the Genesis pock out and to the trash last week..., it felt good, then, I sold my 2nd. "G" backup computer for cheap this week and I just bought another but I hate to tell you it is not a "G" Sorry!
I know one person/one comp. is not going to make a difference but there is better out there.

Best of luck to you and the "two year" computers.

Pretty much every manufacture does not even fix or attempt to fix a computer. They aren't that easy. What they typically do is send you a refurb or a new one. Your old one goes in a pile. Every so often when the pile is high, they send it back to the factory for them to be refurbed.

How does this sound, if you haven't really thrown yours away, send me your old computer, and we will send you a brand new Sherwood Wisdom 2 with QD and compass for only $400....this steps you up to an air integrated computer, and hopefully puts a good taste in your mouth towards Genesis/Sherwood.

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/sherwoodwisdom2wquickdisconnectcompass-p-1860.html

As a Genesis/Sherwood Authorized dealer, let us help you! I am sorry for any delays, issues, problems so far....lets get this taken care of :wink:

If that is too expensive, let me know and we will make you another offer!

Mike

New to the forums here. Interesting topic. I had a Genesis React Pro that I liked a lot. It lasted 5 years and had about 120 dives on it when it started eating up batteries. My LDS in the Triad area of NC told me it was a common problem with computers made by Pelagic (sold under the Sherwood, Genesis, Oceanic and Aeris label to name a few) and is due to a faulty diode. He told me the same thing Spearo was told, if the computer is more than 2 years old, they will not look at it. I even went to the Genesis website and sent an email to which I got no response. Long story short, I chucked it off a cruise ship somewhere between Roatan and Miami on my next vacation. While we have two Genesis GS 2000 regulators that we really like, Computers are not something I would buy from Genesis or the other brands listed as made by Pelagic. I would be curious if others have heard the same diode story??

cdiver10185 you and your dealer and Spearo are wrong. As I said earlier in this thread my friend’s computer was 3 year old and he had it serviced for a flooded in the battery compartment. Spearo never gave a date when it was made or pic of the computer but from his description it sound like it was 8 years old even thought he bought it 2 years ago. How old the computer is not when you bought it but the date it was made. Being that react pro computer has change over the last 10 plus years but the name has not changed has lead to a lot of confusion. genesis can correct me but any genesis computer made in the last five years can still be serviced. cdiver10185 since you toss it in the ocean and by the way thank for polluting our ocean we will never now how old the computer was. One more thing maybe you dealer was trying to sell you a new computer or he owed genesis money and he would have had to pay up front for the repair.

NCadiver, not really sure what info your trying to communicate here. I made no reference to your friends computer or experience with it. Other than putting everyone else down, you bring nothing to the table with your post...

NCadiver, not really sure what info your trying to communicate here. I made no reference to your friends computer or experience with it. Other than putting everyone else down, you bring nothing to the table with your post...

First of all you came on 5 month afterwards. Two you gave bad information. Three you never contacted genesis let them know when your computer was made so the could tell you if they could fix the computer or not. Four I provide information that a three year old computer could be fix. And five I did not pollute the ocean like you did.

Next time get the facts before you put down gensesis because the little information you brought to the table was worthless.

First of all you came on 5 month afterwards. Two you gave bad information. Three you never contacted genesis let them know when your computer was made so the could tell you if they could fix the computer or not. Four I provide information that a three year old computer could be fix. And five I did not pollute the ocean like you did.

Next time get the facts before you put down gensesis because the little information you brought to the table was worthless.

NCadiver, no bad info was given on my part, and please explain what qualifies you to pass this judgment on others? If you do not have any positive feedback please keep your opinions and judgments to yourself. Good bye NCadiver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom