I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kater will get a drug to relax him and he'll be spending the flights sitting on my lap. Because of my psychological problems, (attested to by my doctor!), Kater will travel as an emotional support animal not restricted to his box/cage etc.
I'm excited, somehow I think Kater won't be happy untill he realizes that the new house and its furnishings are his.
Thankfully he is a complete lap cat and when he isn't on my lap he is sleeping across my chest on the waterbed.
House is already furnished with a waterbed that I bought in January, dry petfood that is his brand, canned wet petfood that he'll probably like and canned tunafish in tuna juice. During the flights he'll get an occasional tibit along with a bit of water
and if he makes a mess I'll have a roll of paper towels along. Lots of legroom, (Economy Plus), window seat and the seat next to me stays empty.
Funny thing is I'm pretty sure my psychosises and neurosises will be cured shortly after we get to Lake City. Including layover in Dulles International we'll be traveling 17hrs door to door.

Michael
I was reading through and wondering ... "Oh, he needs a fur baby ... does Kater dive wet or dry?" Then " Hey, maybe Kater rides submarine-style in the scooter"

Kater drinks water, otherwise he wants nothing to do with the stuff.
No room in any of my Gavin/Buchaly clone hotrodded scooters for anything to ride along.

Michael

Kater is a handsome dude. 'Glad he is getting the VIP treatment en route to the US. My cats Sheck and Fannie used to travel from San Francisco to cave country periodically, always in the cabin. They became quite pissed off, even with a relatively short 5 hr trip. Welcome to you both!

Did you, Kater & your possessions make it to Florida in good shape? Just wondering....

Kater spent the flights lying half on my lap and the other half in his box on the ajoining seat, take off and landings were not happy times for him.
10 minutes after we got to the house he was lying down on the waterbed. an hour later he had eaten, drank lots of water, and discovered his sandboxes. The next day he was exploring his new house and finally decided that I could live here too:snoopydance: By now he loves the house too.

Instead of buying a minivan I ended up buying a 2014 cream colored Dodge Journey with leather and am pretty sure that It'll be big enough for me and my gear when I go diving.
It took AT&T over a week to process my application but after them showing up and spending a total of 15 manhours I've got 25MB service that I have to share with my TV - not great, but it'll do.

Saturday I bought a Colt Defender at a gunshow in Ocala. Beautifully tricked out with worn out Novak Tritium sights that make it shoot 2.5" low at 7 yards. I'll have to checker the front of the grip, bevel the opening of the magwell, replace the front dovetail sight with one about 0.080" shorter and chamfer the barrel properly, right now I don't even trust the feeding with 230gr ball ammo. After I do that I'll take a CCW class.
Customs cleared my container on Monday and it'll be here Friday at 10:00!:yeahbaby:I'll also have 6 people helping unload for the fun of it and the killer burgers, chili, and soft drinks that I'll be providing.
Then, of course, Kater and I will argue about where everything in the house goes, I'm pretty sure that I'll lose everry arguement with my cat, but he has agreed that I can do what I want with the garage and all the dive gear. The front bedroom will serve as temporary storage for over 700Kg of Sofnolime.
Hoping to be at the point where I can go diving the end of June.

Michael

Glad to have you here, finally!

If you need a place to shoot, I have plenty of space.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom