I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats!

Thanks!

After being an apartment renter for all my life, now being a homeowner is cultureshock. I'll start having to worry about what the yard looks like, raking leaves and planting grass, trimming the bushes, maybe replacing the kitchen cabinets + older refrigerator and stove, buying a water fire extinguisher + a dry chemical one, some rugs in addition to the ones I'm bringing from Germany etc. I'll also install a shower hose on the outside wall near the garage entrance, (helps to wash off drysuits and muddy dive gear).

Michael

Thanks!

After being an apartment renter for all my life, now being a homeowner is cultureshock. I'll start having to worry about what the yard looks like, raking leaves and planting grass, trimming the bushes, maybe replacing the kitchen cabinets + older refrigerator and stove, buying a water fire extinguisher + a dry chemical one, some rugs in addition to the ones I'm bringing from Germany etc. I'll also install a shower hose on the outside wall near the garage entrance, (helps to wash off drysuits and muddy dive gear).

Michael
Oh yeah, there will be time and money to spend. But, if you do most yourself, presuming you have the time, you can save a lot of money and avoid "shoddy work surprises", which are a real risk factor and lead me to do most myself real fast, despite struggling with time. In the end, if you roughly are where you want to be it's,all worth it.
Curious: (none important really, just curious):
When was the house built?
Do you know the property tax bill to expect? Regulation wise / Ordinance wise all good or some weird kind if posh neighbourhoid regulations, like i.e. parking if a van or work truck overnight not permitted? Incorporated or unincorporated?

@michael-fisch you won't have to turn adapters. IIRC they use JIC inlet and outlets which is standard for HP breathing gas fittings since the hoses don't have to turn when attaching. Plenty of adapters out there to NPT.
As for the whips, I'd recommend using a QF4 or whatever your preferred HPQD is then have one of your fill whips with that same QD to move between your normal fill panel and the booster. Alternatively, you could put the HPQD's on the inlet side of the booster, then plug the fill station into the booster and have a fill whip outlet or other HPQD on there. That way you can boost whatever is coming out of your panel. Looking at a drawing/pictures or spending half a day drinking beer at said garage would be more beneficial though.

Also remember that you are in the middle of cave country with nice and helpful people that can show you how to do things if you don't know, or just lend a hand when you need one

Oh yeah, there will be time and money to spend. But, if you do most yourself, presuming you have the time, you can save a lot of money and avoid "shoddy work surprises", which are a real risk factor and lead me to do most myself real fast, despite struggling with time. In the end, if you roughly are where you want to be it's,all worth it.
Curious: (none important really, just curious):
When was the house built?
Do you know the property tax bill to expect? Regulation wise / Ordinance wise all good or some weird kind if posh neighbourhoid regulations, like i.e. parking if a van or work truck overnight not permitted? Incorporated or unincorporated?

Property tax was $1800 without the 25K Florida homesteader exemption. House is within Lake City, no residental community restrictions but I'm told that I cannot get permission to drill a well. The property is currently almost the highest property in Lake City and before it floods the rest of Florida will have to be underwater. House is an older property, built in 1979, with exterior stone/cedar walls. Inspection report lists no signs of fungus/wood rot and the roof although old, was not leaking. I had the roof redone anyway. The CO/Smoke fire alarm was ancient so I put a new one in. Minor plumbing issues that cost me almost $500 in order to have fixed. Had to pay it, since I'm 4000 miles away from my tools. My A/C guy tells me that he can still maintain the A/C and when the compressor is no longer reasonably repairable, he can replace it for $3000.

Michael

Garages are for diving equipment and tools, cars are made to be parked elsewhere.
Can the Masterline be ordered with 2x 1/4"NPT-M inputs and 2x G5/8" F 200Bar DIN outputs or am I going to have to turn adapters?

Michael

As Tom said, the inlet and outlet are JIC. The guy that owns Masterline is very nice and exceptionally helpful via email. If there's anything out of the ordinary you'd like to do, I'm sure he'd do it if the parts are available. They mostly sell commercailly and do have international clients, so I'm sure they can deal with any european fitting needs. But since it's JIC, it should be easy with easy to find adapters.

@michael-fisch Looking at a drawing/pictures or spending half a day drinking beer at said garage would be more beneficial though.

Also remember that you are in the middle of cave country with nice and helpful people that can show you how to do things if you don't know, or just lend a hand when you need one

That sounds like a very good idea, I'll supply plenty of Corona or Dos Equis beer n burgers after we get done, n soft drinks while we've got the breaker box open. 110V I can barely feel, but 220V and 380/440V hurts.

Michael

@michael-fisch our plant runs on 600v, so I hear you.
I'll probably bring @The Chairman with me when I show up as an FYI. He's also rather useful when it comes to these things, but a generally cool dude that lives close by

Great, all I know about "The Chairman" is that he lives at the south end of Columbia county between Jughole and Littleriver and has internet. Would love to finally associate faces with the forum names n get to know you all, maybe even have you show me how to become a better cavediver, if you'll have me.
Even though I'm as opinionated as George Irvine III as far as my forum postings go, I'm really a nice and friendly person.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom