I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How could anybody get bored in Lake City? Open air boutique shopping malls, discos & bars with live music and an active night life, Sams Club, Costco, Barnes & Nobel, great grocery stores with fresh and ripe veggies, a large vegatarian/vegan community, lots of non-chain restaurants one better than the next, outlet center, Movie theatres showing 20 films simultaniously, an active theatre community, art showings in the boutiques etc?
But at least it's got access to Amazon:yeahbaby:

Michael

What are you taking about? I had to live there one year. Nothing like that. Nice people if you “fit in.”

I didn't lie much, this part was true:

But at least it's got access to Amazon

although no access to the newer Amazon services like Fresh or Pantry.

Michael

All my dive gear is now packed:yeahbaby:. On the weekend I packed another 10 boxes or so of clothes, books, dishes and so on. I can see light at the end of the packing and am now prepared to enjoy the fun of finding a shipping company that is still working and willing to put everything I own in a 20' container and move it from Germany to Lake City :( Then spend another 7-10 days disassembling furniture and packing everything that doesn't fit in one suitcase before the container shows up and is loaded.

As far as shipping goes, I've finally almost got used to the thought that the water has to come out of my king size waterbed before I ship it. Sleeping on an air matress for the 6-8 weeks it'll take before my stuff is in Florida isn't going to be fun and if my cat Kater is pissed, I'll have to buy an extra tube or 2 of Aquasure.

Wish me luck.

Michael
May I ask what kind of quotes you've been getting to ship your items over? I would've thought it cheaper to just buy major pieces of furniture at your new location, but I guess if you've got room in a container and are paying a flat rate for it, possibly not. Good luck, btw. :wink:

What are you taking about? I had to live there one year. Nothing like that. Nice people if you “fit in.”
His tongue was firmly planted in his cheek. I guess he forgot to use the sarcasm font.

How could anybody get bored in Lake City? Open air boutique shopping malls, discos & bars with live music and an active night life, Sams Club, Costco, Barnes & Nobel, great grocery stores with fresh and ripe veggies, a large vegatarian/vegan community, lots of non-chain restaurants one better than the next, outlet center, Movie theatres showing 20 films simultaniously, an active theatre community, art showings in the boutiques etc?
But at least it's got access to Amazon:yeahbaby:

Michael

Actually Lake City is a laid back little nest compared to Luraville where everything is happening now. Since no diving in Peacock or any other state park, the NSS/CDS's Cow Springs has to be where the smart crowd goes diving, or Telford if you still have access to the boat ramp. With a boat Suwannee Blue is also a good choice, as are the springs down past the Orlowski's house.
Even with the Corona virus , I know why I bought a house in the Mecca of cave diving.

Michael

May I ask what kind of quotes you've been getting to ship your items over? I would've thought it cheaper to just buy major pieces of furniture at your new location, but I guess if you've got room in a container and are paying a flat rate for it, possibly not. Good luck, btw. :wink:

Hard work getting quotes at the current time. "what we tell you today is dependent on whats happening tomorrow or next week, and nobody in the Germany > USA shipping business can see that far into the future".

Michael

Hard work getting quotes at the current time. "what we tell you today is dependent on whats happening tomorrow or next week, and nobody in the Germany > USA shipping business can see that far into the future".

Michael

The container ships are still sailing, although it’s questionable if you can get your stuff loaded and trucked to the port, due to the various government shutdowns. I’m running into this in Italy right now as a stricter lockdown goes into effect on Thursday.

And, no, I can’t get you a quote. My company doesn’t handle personal/household goods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom