I bought a scubapro smart pro dive computer over 10years ago but due to circumstances I have never u

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gmms

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an unused dive computer scuberpro
Smart pro bought more than ten years ago in UK by a friend
It has never been used and I don't intend to use but I think after so long the battery must be dead what are my best options to replace battery so I can sell to someone who will use
Thanks any info will be helpful

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_104402.jpg
    IMG_20180218_104402.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 41
First thing is to test it to see if the battery is good or dead. Stick it in a sink of water.

If it turns on then no need for a battery just yet. You will need to learn how to check the battery level and provide pics to potential buyers.

If the battery is dead, then list it on eBay as is for about $40US. With lots of detailed pictures showing the condition of the computer and the strap. It will sell quickly to someone who will do their own battery swap. If the strap is good...

It is not worth the hassle to get the battery professionally replaced if you are planning to resell it. There are lots of expensive "new battery" used Uwatecs on eBay. They do not sell quickly.

If it does not sell then send it to me. I will dispose of it properly.

DIY.
SAFT 14500 3.6V battery with axial leads is available at Amazon.com. Use medical grade paraffin oil. Plenty of info on SB for replacing the battery..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom