I cannot upload any photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

index.jpg

If I click on basic uploader it works.

The select file button has always worked before, just not now. It started doing that yesterday. I use firefox

Oh. I had to disable the flash uploader. I did this last week, but didn't realize that I had to disable the flash uploader in the settings as well.

That other uploader is no longer an option with vBulletin until they figure it out.

My confusion here is because you posted two different issues in the same thread, and I was under the impression the problem was with the photo gallery, since this is the photo gallery support forum. Separate issues should be posted in their own threads to avoid confusion. Now both issues are resolved..

It has come to our attention that there is a security issue in the uploader.swf file included as part of the Yahoo User Interface (YUI) library included in vBulletin 4. As the version of YUI included in vBulletin is end-of-lifed, Yahoo will not be fixing this issue. Their recommendation is to remove the file from your server. We recommend that you replace this with an empty file of the same name (attached). What this will do is force vBulletin to use a fallback javascript based uploader which is already provided in your system.

See: YUI Security Bulletin

I'm having the same problem. But if you look on the lower right corner of the dialog box there is some text that says "Basic Loader" or something like that. If you click there you can follow the text and get something uploaded, but the normal button for uploading from your computer doesn't seem to be working.

I tried that too and it did not work.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 02:35 PM ----------

Oh. I had to disable the flash uploader. I did this last week, but didn't realize that I had to disable the flash uploader in the settings as well.

That other uploader is no longer an option with vBulletin until they figure it out.

My confusion here is because you posted two different issues in the same thread, and I was under the impression the problem was with the photo gallery, since this is the photo gallery support forum. Separate issues should be posted in their own threads to avoid confusion. Now both issues are resolved..

:confused: I was trying to upload images and I couldn't do it so that's why I have started a discussion here. I will try again.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

I tried again and I was able to upload an image from my computer but when I double clicked on the image to change the size and position on the page the buttons on the window that popped up did not work and everything froze so I had to close the Scubaboard window and re-open it again to be able to type this post. I used Chrome and Safari so it seems that this is not a problem related to a particular browser.

Last edited:
DSC_0064.jpgOk... So to clarify.. are you satisfied that the photo gallery issue is fixed?

And you're saying you have a different issue which isn't photo gallery related??

you're having a second issue with image manipulation in a post when you're uploading from your computer using the uploader, and the click on that image to align left and reduce to thumbnail?

I can't reproduce that one. ... I just uploaded this photo from my computer and scaled and did align left...
Try tossing cookies I guess.

View attachment 175277Ok... So to clarify.. are you satisfied that the photo gallery issue is fixed?

And you're saying you have a different issue which isn't photo gallery related??

you're having a second issue with image manipulation in a post when you're uploading from your computer using the uploader, and the click on that image to align left and reduce to thumbnail?

I can't reproduce that one. ... I just uploaded this photo from my computer and scaled and did align left...
Try tossing cookies I guess.

AH! I now understand what you are talking about when you mentioned the two separate issues. I actually never had an issue with the photo gallery, the issue was uploading images in a post! Sorry for the confusion.

How did you do this? On my end nothing seems to be working except for uploading images in my gallery. Trying to upload an image on a post is driving me off the wall, I have never experienced anything like it before! I uploaded an image in my gallery and then I tried to copy the link of a medium image displayed on the box to the right but I cannot copy and paste it directly in that way. I guess I have to write down the link and type it directly on the post page.

OH DEAR! HOWARD COULD YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSY POST?

Now the image has showed up out of the blue. I did not see it in preview. I also deleted the image in my gallery but it did not help to get rid of it in the post. I must say that the system to upload images is not very user friendly especially when something goes wrong and I want to delete pictures in a post (in the gallery is ok).

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not working for me, Howard ... when I tried to put some pictures into my Mexico thread in the cave diving forum I get a very simplified looking upload box that only allows me to select one file, with a very not obvious link to upload the file, and when I click it, nothing happens.

I'd love to give you a print screen, but this new improved version of the uploader won't let me upload the print screen image (nothing happens).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Capture.JPG

Yeah, that one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom