I cannot upload any photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok.

Since clearly, this was never about the photo gallery... I'm going to move this thread out of the "Photo Gallery Support" forum and into the general support.

#1) The uploader works. It uses java and ajax, and not flash, and was the OLD uploader before the flash one was introduced by vBulletin some time ago. If you were ever able to upload photos to ScubaBoard in the past, you should be able to use this one, as it's old and not new.

#2) You may have to delete your cache and cookies to clear out any errant settings. If that doesn't work. Try another browser. vBulletin ONLY supports the latest versions of browsers, so users who have Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer version 5 might have problems that can't be fixed.

#3) If you can't post a screenshot... I suggest using snag.gy - paste images! where you can paste a screen shot and they'll host it for you.

Finally... If you see this box - http://snag.gy/LdqF6.jpg (shown here in the snaggy link) make sure you click "UPLOAD IMAGE" after you've selected the file.

Hopefully this resolves everyone's issues.

Ok.

Since clearly, this was never about the photo gallery... I'm going to move this thread out of the "Photo Gallery Support" forum and into the general support.

#1) The uploader works. It uses java and ajax, and not flash, and was the OLD uploader before the flash one was introduced by vBulletin some time ago. If you were ever able to upload photos to ScubaBoard in the past, you should be able to use this one, as it's old and not new.

#2) You may have to delete your cache and cookies to clear out any errant settings. If that doesn't work. Try another browser. vBulletin ONLY supports the latest versions of browsers, so users who have Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer version 5 might have problems that can't be fixed.

#3) If you can't post a screenshot... I suggest using snag.gy - paste images! where you can paste a screen shot and they'll host it for you.

Finally... If you see this box - http://snag.gy/LdqF6.jpg (shown here in the snaggy link) make sure you click "UPLOAD IMAGE" after you've selected the file.

Hopefully this resolves everyone's issues.

Thank you very much!

I deleted the cache and cookies and then I was able to upload an image but it the advanced mode (in other words I had to click the button Go Advance and then I was able to upload an image). I still find it very frustrating the fact that once you post an image that turns out to be a mistake you cannot delete it because for some reasons whoever created this forum did not give the user that option. Why? I can delete pictures in my blog page, Facebook and Flickr etc...

So I wouldn't be here bothering you with this question again: "Could you please delete post #17?" if I could delete the picture that it's a mistake myself! Amen!

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

I deleted the cache and cookies and then I was able to upload an image but it the advanced mode (in other words I had to click the button Go Advance and then I was able to upload an image). I still find it very frustrating the fact that once you post an image that turns out to be a mistake you cannot delete it because for some reasons whoever created this forum did not give the user that option. Why? I can delete pictures in my blog page, Facebook and Flickr etc...

So I wouldn't be here bothering you with this question again: "Could you please delete post #17?" if I could delete the picture that it's a mistake myself! Amen!

Now there is more mess. I did not want those thumbnails to show in the post # 22. Could you delete them please? Thanks!

If you go to the post, click on edit. then click on go adavanced. Then scroll down and find the manage attachments you can delete them from there.
Now there is more mess. I did not want those thumbnails to show in the post # 22. Could you delete them please? Thanks!

If you go to the post, click on edit. then click on go advanced. Then scroll down and find the manage attachments you can delete them from there.

Thank you very much Dmoore19 I have never seen that option before so I have learned something new! :)

Unfortunately I cannot delete the image in post #17 because the edit button on the bottom right corner is gone, too much time has elapsed from the time I inadvertently posted the image and your post. and now only a moderator can delete the picture or the entire post (a while ago a moderator tried to delete a picture that mistakenly I uploaded twice and he could not do it so he had to delete the whole post).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom