I don't think so Pro Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all, i take being a moron to a new high

second of all, i didn't get the PM

fourth of all ... er ... no

fifth of all, i'd like to get the PM because it would tell me i am important and someone covets my money

fourth of all, i take offense to everything that's been written in this thread (except this post)

and third and finally, dogs like me and chicks dig me

That is the confidence of a man with a howling wolf t-shirt.:thumb:

first of all, i take being a moron to a new high

second of all, i didn't get the PM

fourth of all ... er ... no

fifth of all, i'd like to get the PM because it would tell me i am important and someone covets my money

fourth of all, i take offense to everything that's been written in this thread (except this post)

and third and finally, dogs like me and chicks dig me

hey, this guy's trying to change the subject and lighten things up

why, he's probably a troll in disguise

ok, who called the lawyer?? :wink:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

people...lets remember that we are talking about a dive op btw - to some, your local dive op so lets not scare them off because the regulars know that SB members are famous for feeling passionate about their diving, dive ops and this site so lets chill for a bit. this dive op may not be familiar with us (i havent had any pm's/email with the dive op, just saying we can be a bit scary at times)

and lets dont forget, name calling is a no no and i may be deleting some of your posts so dont be surprised if they go (but you will get a pm from me)

cheers

divers,

i have deleted alot of posts that was no longer about this topic

if you want to have a pee'ing competition with another member and make personal comments please take it elsewhere because SB does not exist for that purpose

please be reminded we have a ToS and name calling and personal attacks are not allowed. We have a great community here at SB and i ask you to at the very least be polite towards eachother

Are we going to catch up to the "I want to see a tank explode" thread?

And to the OP - show your self! See what you started!

Now the good, but wierd thing - we got what looks like a great dive going for Sunday!

I guess the wise folks in the movie "Blazing Saddles" were correct when they said (specifically, Howard Johnson said it) "....out of chaos, comes order" (quoting Neitche) You had to see the movie.

Are we going to catch up to the "I want to see a tank explode" thread?

And to the OP - show your self! See what you started!

Now the good, but wierd thing - we got what looks like a great dive going for Sunday!

I guess the wise folks in the movie "Blazing Saddles" were correct when they said (specifically, Howard Johnson said it) "....out of chaos, comes order" (quoting Neitche) You had to see the movie.

Agreed, I'm really looking forward to the dives Sunday, we have a very cool group so far.

divers,

i have deleted alot of posts that was no longer about this topic

if you want to have a pee'ing competition with another member and make personal comments please take it elsewhere because SB does not exist for that purpose

please be reminded we have a ToS and name calling and personal attacks are not allowed. We have a great community here at SB and i ask you to at the very least be polite towards eachother

But I didn't get a chance to eat any :popcorn:

Friends, neighbors, ScubaBoardians...

Spam is a touchy subject here and it's really, really hard for any two people to agree on just what spam is. I will be talking to Pro-Dive later to verify this, but it appears that the PMs were targeted to just a few people and not a systematic approach to advertising Pro-Dive to all Floridians. Spam is mindless in it's approach and this was not. Also, it seems that the offer was private in nature and not suitable for publishing in our Trips area. Spam could never be considered such! Finally, this was in response to specific postings made by the recipients. There is NOTHING wrong with approaching a person outside of the open forum about a perceived commonality derived from reading a post.

So, I am going to declare this as being NOT spam in the eyes of ScubaBoard.

However, I would like to point out that only a few posters actually discussed this with Pro-Dive to divine their motives and intent. Kudos to you for taking the time to find out the facts. It's easy to accuse and dogpile on a business, especially given the anonymous nature of the internet! My humble apologies to Pro-Dive for your apparent instant notoriety here on ScubaBoard. At least you got some FREE advertisement out of it as well as a few fans to boot!

More kudos go to Almitywife for her efforts to clean up a lot of the unfriendliness. We surely don't have to label people who disagree with us with derogatory names. If we all agreed, then there would be little need for ScubaBoard in the first place!

I would also like to point to our new
report.gif
button in the upper right of every PM that you may get. Rather than trying to publicly castigate or humiliate a business who may or may not have made a mistake, simply click on that link and let us decide if it's spam or not! I know that corn farmers are hard pressed in this economy, but the subsequent decline in popcorn sales by dealing with these egregious travesties in private will not endanger their livelihood. I don't know about YOU, but I don't want to make any Scuba related business feel unwelcome here on ScubaBoard. We have lost a BUNCH of them recently due to the economy, and frankly: this is the best place to find potential clients! No, it's not about selling advertising on ScubaBoard as much as it's about promoting diving and trying to make it healthy!

Unless there are any objections, I am going to request that almitywife think about putting this into site support. It's not really just a "Conch" issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom