I don't think so Pro Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, Joyce, neither did I :-( And God knows, its not like we never post!

I think we should be offended - where's our PM's?!?

Guess just the cool Scubaboarders like Brian, Chip and Debby get the invite's.........

You know the PM does include an offer to bring a friend too. If you play your cards right you just may get in!:D

Besides you like diving in Jupiter not down here :wink:

Last edited:
Hey Wys, wanna dive with us Sunday? Shoot me a PM, buddy!

pssst: Jupiter31 IS on the manifest for Sunday and by the way his boat is a Jupiter 31...he lives in Miami. :)

Hey Wys, wanna dive with us Sunday? Shoot me a PM, buddy!

pssst: Jupiter31 IS on the manifest for Sunday and by the way his boat is a Jupiter 31...he lives in Miami. :)

I know, read my edit note:wink:

I can't dive this Sunday sorry.

.........So, I am going to declare this as being NOT spam in the eyes of ScubaBoard. .........

for me, the Chairman of the Board has spoken so lets go diving!

moved to site support as suggested and many thanks

You know the PM does include an offer to bring a friend too. If you play your cards right you just may get in!:D

Besides you like diving in Jupiter not down here :wink:
Pretty much - but I'm up to give FTL another chance, especially at such good prices!

Just don't want to see the tires......

PS Hope all is well w/ you - hope to dive w/ you again soon

Pretty much - but I'm up to give FTL another chance, especially at such good prices!

Just don't want to see the tires......

PS Hope all is well w/ you - hope to dive w/ you again soon

I'm doing quite well, thanks!

I will take advantage of the generous Pro Dive offer, just not this Sunday with all of you, so you may get to go again.:D

Let's talk.:)

I most certainly did not expect this to be such a popular thread. I think many are in support of ProDive just out of spite.

While I would say that the original spammer, has PM'd me back with apologies and while I do accept the apologies, the email was absolutely spam. They dug deep into the archives of scuba board and sent me a lengthy sales message, completely unsolicited, with nothing other than a sales message. While the board moderator may declare this not spam, it IS spam- by it's definition.

Anyways, there are 2 dive ops in Fort Lauderdale that I dislike greatly- Pro Dive is one of them, multiple times have I been diving off fort lauderdale beach and witnessed a large dive boat cruising on plane, at a decent rate of speed, merely 10 feet off the swim buoys. And right on the side of the boat is "PRO DIVE". I believe they should know better, are endangering divers and swimmers for the sake of show boating off the beach. So when I received an email out of nowhere that I had a PM on scubaboard, spent my time to come here and log in to read it, and find nothing other than a completely unsolicited sales message - I felt compelled to at least make a post about their spamming.

I hope everyone found this thread at least entertaining, and while I'm sure Pro Dive may not be "that" bad of an op, I would sincerely encourage them to abandon their reckless boat operation and spamming.

Have a great weekend and get in the water, it's summer!

So when I received an email out of nowhere that I had a PM on scubaboard, spent my time to come here and log in to read it, and find nothing other than a completely unsolicited sales message - I felt compelled to at least make a post about their spamming.

I hope everyone found this thread at least entertaining, and while I'm sure Pro Dive may not be "that" bad of an op, I would sincerely encourage them to abandon their reckless boat operation and spamming.

Just out of curiousity, do you think you would have had the same reaction to the PM if you didnt already have a prejudice against the dive op? Or was that the straw that broke the proverbial camels back for you?

Just out of curiousity, do you think you would have had the same reaction to the PM if you didnt already have a prejudice against the dive op? Or was that the straw that broke the proverbial camels back for you?
Great question!

I think I still wouldn't have been happy about it.

The thing is, supposedly they PM'd people who had posted previous issues about another dive op. And the first line int he PM was "I read your post on scubaboard" - well christ, then they should have known I was on my own boat when I had an issue with another op and have no need for pro dive personally, although I do send friends out with local ops from time to time.

Either way, I get an email that requires me to come and login and check my PM's just to see what it is, that's a hassle and beyond just "simply hitting delete"- I think that was more my annoyance than any prejudice towards the op previously.

Regardless, based on much of the testimony here, I'd assume they probably aren't that bad, I just wish they would quit recklessly endangering divers and swimmers off the beach... advertising their operation at the expense of divers/swimmers safety and spamming forums- I'm sure they can find other ways to go about finding new business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom