I don't think so Pro Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, based on much of the testimony here, I'd assume they probably aren't that bad, I just wish they would quit recklessly endangering divers and swimmers off the beach... advertising their operation at the expense of divers/swimmers safety and spamming forums- I'm sure they can find other ways to go about finding new business.

So you've now accused two local ops of "recklessly endangering divers", interesting since I was on the boat for the first incident in which you were clearly in the wrong and chose to loudly criticize someone who I can assure you is a much better and more knowledgeable boat operator than you. That person also relies on his boat handling skills for his livelihood which you endangered with your false accusations. I get the impression you just don't want to share "your ocean" with anyone else, perhaps you should move to a less populated coastline. Your miserable complaining is growing old, why don't you take it elsewhere? BTW, since I did see you that day on Hog Heaven I have to ask, are you still shooting undersized fish?

Either way, I get an email that requires me to come and login and check my PM's just to see what it is, that's a hassle and beyond just "simply hitting delete"- I think that was more my annoyance than any prejudice towards the op previously.

That's so weird, the email notifications I receive regarding PM messages have the entire content of the PM in the email. :confused:

I most certainly did not expect this to be such a popular thread. I think many are in support of ProDive just out of spite.
It would appear that way to me as well.

I did not enter this thread to support or not support the dive operation, and have no prejudice toward them. I've never used them (But most likely will at some time in the future)

My entrance to the thread only happened after I noticed a number of people "hammering" the OP and stating that he was wrong about the message being SPAM. By definition (including SB definition "currently in TOS"), it clearly is SPAM.

NetDoc, being "Chairman of the 'Board'" has the right to decide what to do with it, and has decided... His board, his rules and I can live with that decision.

My posts in this thread have never mentioned (until this post) ProDive, or support/non-support of the operation. They have all been to the question of SPAM

I most certainly did not expect this to be such a popular thread. I think many are in support of ProDive just out of spite.

Spite, I don't think so. When your first sentence in a post is used to call people morons expect some blowback....

Is anyone else offended that these morons are on ScubaBoard spamming everyone?

Perhaps some anger management is in order here, or at least a little reading....

how-to-win-friend.jpg

Regardless, based on much of the testimony here, I'd assume they probably aren't that bad, I just wish they would quit recklessly endangering divers and swimmers off the beach... advertising their operation at the expense of divers/swimmers safety and spamming forums- I'm sure they can find other ways to go about finding new business.

Since they do seem to have quite a following, perhaps your insight will help them smooth out those final rough edges.

Thanks for the response.

So you've now accused two local ops of "recklessly endangering divers", interesting since I was on the boat for the first incident in which you were clearly in the wrong and chose to loudly criticize someone who I can assure you is a much better and more knowledgeable boat operator than you. That person also relies on his boat handling skills for his livelihood which you endangered with your false accusations. I get the impression you just don't want to share "your ocean" with anyone else, perhaps you should move to a less populated coastline. Your miserable complaining is growing old, why don't you take it elsewhere? BTW, since I did see you that day on Hog Heaven I have to ask, are you still shooting undersized fish?

I'm not sure how our boat operation can even be compared, when we were anchored up and the op decided to motor directly over our divers/bubbles. You are also ignoring the fact that shortly after, on lobster mini season, the same op pulled up on another group drift diving the 3rd reef, motored right down current a mere 100 yards away and dropped their divers off, directly in the path of the other drift divers, in order to cherry pick the spot for lobster before the other group could get to it- mind you there were VERY few boats on the 3rd reef and plenty of space to drop even another 500 yards away.

Not sure what you are talking about in concern to undersized fish, we have never taken an undersized fish, I believe when you were there we had shot 1 or 2 amberjacks that measured several inches over on the lawstick.

I noticed you didn't question my accusations against pro dives practice.... are you in support of 40 foot vessels motoring around on plane just a couple feet off the swim buoys of popular dive spots?

Regaurdless, I'm not in the mood for debate- just pointing out my observations, you can make your own judgements and spend your money wherever you like.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The original issue has been decided....This thread is closed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom