I drank the GUE Fundies Kool-Aid and survived!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...yeah, go on, girl in college... the suspense is killing me....:popcorn::popcorn:

It just about killed me too ... (sigh ... Death, where is thy sting. Love, where is thy glory) ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh man ... there are parts of my past I would LOVE to repeat. There was this one girl in college ... :shocked2:

(you DID say it's time to move on to the fun stuff)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think you greyed out the wrong part...

Ya know what, on second thought, I think I'll skip the read, from the two I read on that site he sounds like a real a-hole. The last one I read his response to the poster was "to grab the kneepads and make yourself useful". :shakehead:

George also has some really down to earth and meaningful advice. As long as he wasn't arguing with anyone, he wasn't that bad. The DIR videos were pretty emotionally neutral.

Tom

George also has some really down to earth and meaningful advice. As long as he wasn't arguing with anyone, he wasn't that bad. The DIR videos were pretty emotionally neutral.

Tom
Tom - I read a few more GI posts hoping to come across some down to earth and meaningful advice and I gotta say, he is not impressing me. He seems angry at the whole world. How does someone get to be this miserable, and if he's not miserable and this is his usually demeanor, I can understand why so many are turned off by DIR. I am trying to be open-minded in reading his posts but I must be clicking on all the wrong ones.

That is, until he gets honked by a passing car. You could see the anger in his eyes :furious: :D

I've never seen one of his videos but if his posts are any indication of his personality there must be anger in his eyes 24/7.

"The Way the World Learns to Dive" ... if you ain't PADI certified, you're either not a diver, or you're not from this planet ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Is that why this PADI OW card is in my wallet?

Sam, you also have to consider the posts in relevance to the time. GI3 was reacting to what he saw as some hazardous ideas being taught and practiced, and the one thing his rants did WAS to make people at least think about things. A quiet voice may be more persuasive one on one, but a loud, raucous voice may reach more people :)

Sam, you also have to consider the posts in relevance to the time. GI3 was reacting to what he saw as some hazardous ideas being taught and practiced, and the one thing his rants did WAS to make people at least think about things. A quiet voice may be more persuasive one on one, but a loud, raucous voice may reach more people :)

As always, Lynne, you are my touchstone of sane reasoning on SB! Thank you! :hugs:

I've never seen one of his videos but if his posts are any indication of his personality there must be anger in his eyes 24/7.

I was just joking around about the seething anger thing. From reading his articles, watching various videos and presentations and such, I really don't think he's an angry or miserable person in the least. He definitely went into these rants with a plan (devious as it may be) and I'm sure he had an absolute hoot writing them. A bit sociopathic? Maybe. But his intent seemed to be close to what we consider trolling today. He wanted to get word out, saw high-profile vitriolic diatribes as the most effective way to do so, and ran with it. I think Jarrod Jablonski explained George's style as "depopularizing" dangerous procedures by making the people who advocate them look foolish. This is in no way apologizing for George's behavior, it just is what it is.

I think he's happily building/selling boats and winning big game fishing competitions nowadays. So no need to feel sorry for the guy, and in many ways, don't take his tone all that seriously, cause he sure didn't. :)

I think wearing nut huggers for such an extended about of time would make any male grumpy and short tempered.

What's the term for male camel toe?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom