I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if and when will you put Florida Keys house on the market, or will you alternate between the two? If possible, suggest you rent it out for two years to be sure the move works out. Cave country could have a sinkhole that swallows your house, or the neighbors could be lethal turtle smugglers or worse!

congratulations and well done.....enjoy.

Congratulations. I will make a slight joke if I may. Your tax dollars will be appreciated by the rest of the O'Brien residents. I do like the workshop.

Average home value in Key West just topped 1/2 million. Key Largo is somewhere north of $350. I would guess Pete payed in the range of $100k for 8 acres and a house and a half.
10+ acres and it cost me $77k. It will be public record soon.

So if and when will you put Florida Keys house on the market,
I don't own the house to do that. I'm sure I'll visit from time to time, but my home will be in Cave Country. :D

I don't own the house to do that. I'm sure I'll visit from time to time, but my home will be in Cave Country. :D

Nice score!

...We looked out that way but ended up buying closer to High Springs.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

I've been debating with myself for years: Do I stay in my tropical prison down here in the Keys, or do I make an escape to Cave Country? A week from tomorrow, I will be closing on 10+ acres in O'Brien Fl.
. :D

Man, your brave posting that info here. You ARE soon going to have a lot of new friends. But good luck to you, I have very fond memories of Peacock and Little River. Argh, I wish they were in my backyard!​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom