I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pete, I am not sure anyone told you, but we have this thing in North Florida called frost. Every year. And, hold onto your hat, the temperature will get into the low 30's, and that's not Celsius. Sometimes in the 20's. And the locals will tell you that "its colder than a well diggers ass", but remember, its just a saying. You can;t go around grabbing well diggers by the ass to see how cold it is. Its just not done.

[QUOTE="I'm in the market for a tractor with mowing deck, . :D[/QUOTE]

That's what goats are for.

th?id=OIP.1mMbJ7widxYonOF_lVoIhAEXDf&pid=15.1&P=0&w=231&h=186.jpg
View attachment 421621

Last edited:
We have a saying here in Colorado about the cold that I am struggling to recall. Has to do with witches. Do you dive caves in your shortie Pete?

Do you dive caves in your shortie Pete?
Year round, I have dove these caves in a swimsuit and a tshirt. When you're built like a manatee, you get to dive like one. I lived in Gainesville for ten years, so I'm used to the weather and can't wait for that first chill in the air! At 7:13, it was still 88F here in the Keys. That's just not right.

That's what goats are for.
You have no idea. I think "The Chairman's Grotto" has been named the designated home for the Deep 6 goats: Lil' Pete and Lil Chris. :D :D :D @cerich and @sphyon can verify this.

Congrats and welcome back to Gator country!

Enjoy and dive safely.

Deleted by me.

Last edited:
About to get into the Sprinter, aka "Van Deisel" with the trailer attached and head to O'Brien from the Florida Keys. Anyone want to play van shuttle with me in that area late afternoon or evening??? I need to be picked up from the new place and driven about twenty minutes to Capt Jim Wyatt's River House in High Springs to pick up Vanessa (my Transit). Dinner would be on me!!! :D :D :D Call me at (407) 509-0947 to set things up!

Would love to help and share a supper with you. But from Brussels, too big of a journey :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom