I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may want a mesh grille to protect the window from the bits of wood that can come flying off the miter saw.

It's been a fun couple of days. I am starting in on the shed but that's a dirty job. First, I acted like a mod and shoveled up a bunch of manure someone else had dumped...

4fkVjyElOnK_UQ-EU-LZRqr_E4BYZg6HlqqrqMSgUgjoflNqffU2fhAsz4e1mBfaTQtlJHLpoK0n7xDWTY=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Then I went all IDocSteve and started throwing the manure all over the place...

gkYLnNet9UjPLk1391nhH3ABfsVMVho9oyzRgzQKlixeiJYFPtlFVxUjy7p31_Wfz0PBSP53YHMeA3rc60=w1224-h918-no.jpg

But mostly I put it in the sandy, sandy areas where the grass isn't growing. I put out three cart fulls yesterday, and I probably have another ten left in the barn. Ma~ looks pretty distraught that someone forgot to bury their business! :D :D D

uts4ETazaZxzsMM2B7VIygkbP9nO2b9eNgcEU1i6Ko9t7JCCNb7n2suaWbL4rfCtBZa22xCknVPuPjOOiU=w1224-h918-no.jpg

I made a platform out of reclaimed wood for the shed to put shelves on. I need to finish digging the place out, pull out the front wall and do a better job of leveling. Gosh, but that's a lot of poop in there.

LOLXtID_iMMvcPt0ckCNd3H8wYejXyoA8eUN9PSwu1U7AsyTE9MnobM-mkUgrKLiIwI1LqhAdIDxCtvbPg=w1224-h918-no.jpg

I spent today in the shop. Got a bit of a late start, but I got the French cleats stained and the cabinets installed. I wish they were about 1/4" or even 3/8" higher, so I might pull it all apart and move that upper rail up a bit. Here's how it looks so far:

sM7cPS-scnOzS3Zd8pAVeo_PssGeqp4mdoLw8kzSysq0kZSgj17-_1SX930GHOQbjyq3e_9mNExmmWv6x8=w1224-h918-no.jpg

YPDpl9CRzI9xC2MZdy86jMbY3ixRY62n0trIYm_htQIWN1WuFO21bAnl_k1cHcf1l4kJbhcGrSchOYm9G4=w1224-h918-no.jpg

USuzzx0zxdFXRELa0_ghCP0fbhhpQKk27kYG7pLUxaU5UGoSKZ09BAzv9cFQCP8JYC9kxz9Ros6Br5eMiI=w1224-h918-no.jpg

EHJmSdBZBZLFFqEcTqPixEQOGiT3TK5w1hszkOhn7ixX1Q3cFbP06eMTJLcOnd19M_6FJf4upx6UV2bJqQ=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Finally, I'm still kind of invisible back here. You can't easily see me from the road. While I find some comfort in that, I had a very frustrated UPS driver complain that there's no way for him to know that this was 3388. So, I made a little sign with the numbers on it and installed it on the fence rail in front of my property and across from my mailbox. FWIW, Ma~ wants me to change dog to cat on the beware of sign! :D :D :D

RIfZAumgetqzI-fw8npJPpbdV1rwDGKYcKwpwyG4zlEx_-3zyDuXOK7_iSfb-omyxerBUUZbdcjmqXko_4=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Here's Horchata in your tea. As some of you know, I am not a coffee drinker and I detest tea in bags. I brew loose tea and my favorite is a blend of Russian Caravan and peppermint. I had stopped drinking tea in the Keys, because it was almost always too freakin' hot. Here it's great and I rediscovered Horchata as a sweetner. Yum! Walmart sells Horchata by Klass in a resealable bag. A teaspoon, maybe two is all you need to turn your tea (or coffee) into something far, far more.

41ExOnEAcUL.jpg

079cb46d2c9054eb37b6320f17508104_large.jpg

I like Lychee infused black tea, but i love the little tea blobs that blossom into flowers when dropped in a glass teapot for viewing.

but i love the little tea blobs that blossom into flowers
Yeah, those are cool to look at, but I don't like the taste of pulverized teas.

There was a huge fight in the house last night at 3:00 am as I lay peacefully sleeping. A feather taunted Ma~ one too many times causing her to put it in its place. The altercation broke out by the dresser and quickly escalated, with the brawl spreading throughout the entire bedroom, but mostly on my feet. Relying on its quick wit and elements from Tai Chi, the feather put up a spirited defense, first falling to the left and then drifting to the right. No match for unbridled feline aggression, it finally rested on the covers between my feet, exhausted, bent and stripped clean in places. Unable to resist, the insolent feather taunted Ma~ once more and that's when the real fight started...

tattered_feather_by_momma_kuku-da98kmd.png

Did you take that image of the feather? If so, print and frame it. You have an art print that deserves to be on a wall. Beautiful.
I goggled straggled feather pic and that came up. I don't know what Ma~ did with the actual feather.
Fur and feather will fly

In the Home of an innocent guy

Cat won first rounds

But feather rebounds

Pillow feather friends help out the small fry!
That was beeyoootiful!!!

FWIW, Ma~ believes in truth in advertising...

F4uVjZFKrWCZX8iQGV_nmWeeDivi1aF5_S0mz4OjavbaJ_xBlb-IAnaVKU3oD7W4IWw-hh1P0UNrTV8SL4=w1224-h918-no.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom