I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wireless?

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes! I just spent my first night here on a cot as my bed arrives on Monday. It's pretty spartan here and I'm typing on laptop sitting in a folding camp chair! Fortunately, the AC is working perfectly! One toilet doesn't flush right, and I am replacing it today with a chairman sized model. :D :D :D I am also picking up a washer and dryer later today, but I am in need of the following:

Queen Bed (for guest room)
Futon (For office/guest room)
Vacuum Cleaner
Furniture for the living room
Dishwasher
Microwave
Push Lawn Mower
Head examined :D :D :D

If you have one to sell or donate, please send me a PM with pictures, location and contact info! :D

I will also accept donations of time and energy to help me get moved in and set up. There are 10 acres to be mowed and a zero turn mower to be broken in as well as a trailer to be emptied! :D :D :D Don't be bashful!

That's what the goats are for! Just turn them loose! :D

The zero turn is worthy of RTFM and just letting anyone operate it can lead to problems. Especially, understanding how to adjust and maintain the settings of the cutting deck will be the difference betwee amazing performance and meh. When you hit something, don't assume everything is still ok. Any odd sounding noise means stop and figure it out. They are great machines.

If I had time to spare and the money for flights I would be over to help out but alas I have no leave left at work and no money for flights.

As for the head examined, I am quite sure a number of people have suggested that before!:rofl3:

@The Chairman we have stuff at Rum Island you need to look at we can donate. Sofa, twin beds, plenty of dishes, silverware, pots - pans, etc

Gwen will take you over there tomorrow after you pick her up.

Blasphemy! Turn in your man card! Right now!!! :D :D :D
Over a period of 10 years I had noticed that my mower wasn't mowing quite as cleanly as it used to and I was operating it at a slower and slower pace in order to get a nice clean-cut. It was like a frog being boiled because it happened so slowly.

This spring I pulled out the manual and followed all the instructions. The part about setting the cutting deck 1/4 inch lower in the front than in the back turned my mower suddenly into the same amazing piece of equipment that it was when I bought it. I can mow at full speed and it doesn't miss a single blade of grass. It was only out of adjustment by 3/8 of an inch.

I mow 5 acres of pasture land at my house in addition to the acre around my house. I have replaced one spindle, a starter motor and quite a few bent blades. All of those parts have been replaced as a result of people using the machine that didn't know what not to do but meant well.

Oh, never store it outdoors.

Last edited:
RTFM is a good idea for most everything that has moving parts.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom