I Finally Did It - I've Retired!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats Kathy - I'm envious as I still have a few more years to retirement. Enjoy it - now you can dive on your schedule!

Congratulations. I look forward to seeing even more posts and reports.

Congratulations!
Happy for you!
Wish you health and all the fun!

Congratulations (and welcome to the retirement community). Hope you can get some extra dives in!

Congrats! You now have time to do the things you have always wanted to do.

Congratulations, Kathy! Hopefully that means more diving in your future. I pulled the plug about 5 years ago, and that's when we decided to move to GC for half the year. So think about coming on down for an extended stay.

It took me about a year to stop worrying about what meeting I was supposed to be attending or what project I was invariably behind on. A good friend advised me it would take at least that long until the epiphany would hit that you are now on vacation for the rest of your life. Enjoy the next phase of your life!

Congrats Kathy - I'm envious as I still have a few more years to retirement. Enjoy it - now you can dive on your schedule!

Congrats to you Kathy! I retired this week myself. Cheers!

Congratulations!

I’ll retire in 2 months too. Then I go on 6 dive trips from May to December.

Thanks so much, I've been working since my 16th birthday so it is kind of hard to think that part of my life is over - but I am sure I will get used to it! :)

Glad to hear youre done. You sure are a big help when it comes to dive trips. Thanks a lot Kathy.

My Financial Adviser said to me in 1996 I should make sure I had "goals" in retiring so early at 42. I said-- "NO PROBLEM"
He died 3 years ago (2017). I was right.
Some people (like my deceased Brother-in-Law, can't contemplate retirement without the job). I've never been one of those.

I've known people that were afraid to retire because they thought they'd die 6 months later. One of them died at work,
how sad. My goals are to enjoy each day until the lights go out.

Congratulations, Kathy!!

That’s a wonderful smile and a lovely cake.

Thank you for leading the way!

Congratulations on your retirement!

My only advice is this: Look back at your career and try to remember all those times when you said (or thought) "I would love to do ____________, if only I had more time." Well, now you will have the time. Go out and fill in those blanks. Go out and have the time of your life doing the things that you have been putting off until you had more time.

Congratulations. I've been getting paid for doing what I want for 14 years this coming April 15th. I highly recommend retirement to everyone at your very first opportunity. You are going to love it!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom