I Got a Hall Pass!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

80 pesos (IIRC) one way to the square or to Mega for 1-4 persons. Compared to the expense of the trip as a whole, it's down in the noise.

Blue Angel: Far enough from town to be away from cruise ship crowds but close enough for fairly short cab rides or a 20 minute walk, excellent dive shop on premises, nice pool, on the water (not across the street from it), dock for dive boat pickup, very good restaurant, quiet (only 22 rooms), decent shore diving with free tanks and weights for guests, free coffee in the lobby at 6AM, clean and spacious though a bit rustic rooms, great staff... what's not to like?
Blue Angel is probably where I'd stay if we needed a place. While the repairs to our cistern were ongoing this spring, I actually looked into staying there a few days since we were out of water. However, we managed to get a truck to come and fill our rooftop tanaka and were able to stay in our home. I like that it's small, on the water, and not crazy with loud music and drunks.

I want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who chimed in with their advice!
Here's what I ended up booking:

July 30th through August 6th at Blue Angel.
I'm gonna use the BA dive op as well based upon a lot of great feedback I have received about them. I was told that the 8 am dive WILL NOT be on their cattle boat.
I chose the Tuesday arrival & departure dates because American Airlines FF mileage is 15k each way on those days.
Not taking anyone with me has it's advantages because I don't have to deal with anyone else's needs or itineraries.

If you are gonna be in Coz on those dates and want to meet & exchanges tall tales, send me an IM!

I want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who chimed in with their advice!
Here's what I ended up booking:

July 30th through August 6th at Blue Angel.
I'm gonna use the BA dive op as well based upon a lot of great feedback I have received about them. I was told that the 8 am dive WILL NOT be on their cattle boat.

That is correct. The larger boat (the No Problem) goes out later - sometimes at 10 or 11AM and sometimes in the afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom