I had to stop the boat to go to the bathroom!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladyvalea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My first ocean dive! the DM said drink lots of water ! I drank the standard size bottled water....and then we went on a 50 min dive...after we came up and got back on the boat ...I drank another bottle water!!! as the boat was slowy goin to the next dive location!! I had to go pee really bad! I held it till it hurt!! so I ask the DM how much longer till the next dive site and he said 30 mins:shocked2: I told him I could not hold it! and I need to use the bathroom! But the boat dosen't have a bathroom! so he stopped the boat...as he stopped the boat!! all the other divers thought we were at the next site and started to get ready for the next dive!! :shakehead: and I jumped out the back and quickly drifted away !! Yes I had 12 people watchin me float on the surface !!! tellin me to hurry up :cool2: oh, the DM finally threw me a line with a ball float!! so it was so hard to go in the ocean!! I mean on the surface with people rushin me!!! I mean what if someone had to do the number 2 business? :confused: I think next time, I will not drink as much water??

This was in Cozumel!! so the current was a bit strong

Last edited:
Try going to the stern area and take your reg or camera with you. Squat down with a towel around you and pretend you're checking out your gear. The "liquid" will flow to the back where the bilge pump is. No worries. At least on my boat...

Nono, you are not drinking less. That is not the correct solution. You will:

1. Try to remember to pee during first dive even if you don't quite feel like it

2. Choose only boats that have a head

3. Get a drysuit with p-valve and do it like guys over the gunwale

4. Ask for a bucket

Don't worry about it. Keep hydrated. Anyone who ridicules you about having to make a prop check needs to grow up.

Look, none of have 100% control of when the urge comes upon us. Drysuit divers (like me) get to jump in the really cold water sans drysuit when the urge occurs so be thankful that the water was warm.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's better to stay hydrated than to not drink enough water for fear of having to go to the bathroom.

Next time, just throw a hat or something that floats in, so the others think you are just retrieving property :)

haha you poor thing! I can't believe you had 12 people watching you.
I think I just wouldn't have drank as much water but that's not very good to do.

What type of wetsuit were you wearing?

Next time, just throw a hat or something that floats in, so the others think you are just retrieving property :)

Good one :)

I guess the bad part was drifting away, so everyone was really ogling with good view. I would have tried to linger at the ladder, so the boat would have provided some cover.

Don't worry about it. Keep hydrated. Anyone who ridicules you about having to make a prop check needs to grow up.

Look, none of have 100% control of when the urge comes upon us. Drysuit divers (like me) get to jump in the really cold water sans drysuit when the urge occurs so be thankful that the water was warm.

Ditto from me.

I was recently on a samll dive boat in Hawaii, and 5 of us did a "prop inspection" during the SI. Don't feel bad if you were the only one. That just means the other divers went in their suits.

Everyone has to go at some point... especially when you're diving.

haha you poor thing! I can't believe you had 12 people watching you.
I think I just wouldn't have drank as much water but that's not very good to do.

What type of wetsuit were you wearing?

I had a 3mm...and as I was sitting in the boat...I thought about just goin and nobody would notice...but it hurt so bad! I think it just would not come out? plus the wetsuit was huggin every part of my body!! The funny part was when I climbed back into the boat....all the liquid from the ocean and me collected in my ankle with a big balloon like look!! the Captain said don't let any pee come out of your ankles onto my boat!!:D I had two balloon liquid filled ankles :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom