I have a few questions about Jupiter or Boynton Beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First is what area do you like best and why? What dive boats are your faves and why.
i have dove with Jupiter dive a long time ago and with narcosis this past summer...
There will 4 of us ladies diving.....would love to hear feedback...
also dove the bridge once with someone so not sure about tides. I know slack but not sure of how long of a leeway we would have. And when you look at tides where does slack tide fall???
anyone willing to help and show us around...
arrive march 28-31....
thanks and us Georgia girls would love to hear about all this...
thanks so much
Lynnn

Hi Lynn,

As you know from my other posts, my favorite is Narcosis. You've been on the boat, plenty of room and i love the overhead cargo netting to keep stuff dry. And because its a faster boat, it does more of the sites that are a little further north and south then some of the other boats. Walker and Abernathy are great too but in my book you just can't beat the boat and crew of Narcosis.

i have only dove out of Jupiter once and it was a great dive but my first love is WPB. You just can't beat the variety in reef and wreck, moderate to a little deeper dives, and small to large marine life.

Dive the bridge at high tide. Advice will vary but I like to be entering the water abut 45 mins before high tide then dive until visibility gone. I've found that the time can very greatly from dive to dive but usually about 30 min post high tide. Force-e can set you up with any equipment you may need for the bridge and can confirm tide times. If there is a night dive on the bridge, I highly recommend it.

Wish I could be there to join the fun...

Lisa

Hi Lynn,

As you know from my other posts, my favorite is Narcosis. You've been on the boat, plenty of room and i love the overhead cargo netting to keep stuff dry. And because its a faster boat, it does more of the sites that are a little further north and south then some of the other boats. Walker and Abernathy are great too but in my book you just can't beat the boat and crew of Narcosis.

i have only dove out of Jupiter once and it was a great dive but my first love is WPB. You just can't beat the variety in reef and wreck, moderate to a little deeper dives, and small to large marine life.

Dive the bridge at high tide. Advice will vary but I like to be entering the water abut 45 mins before high tide then dive until visibility gone. I've found that the time can very greatly from dive to dive but usually about 30 min post high tide. Force-e can set you up with any equipment you may need for the bridge and can confirm tide times. If there is a night dive on the bridge, I highly recommend it.

Wish I could be there to join the fun...

Lisa
Come on and join us!!!

Just checked the tide charts for those three days. Looks like high tide is around thurs 9:48 and Friday 10:32 and Saturday 11:18 so it would be boat or bridge dives each day without an option to do both. And no night dive.

---------- Post added February 5th, 2013 at 10:47 PM ----------

Come on and join us!!!

i'll just have returned from Bonaire and will have to do a little work before I can afford the next dive trip! But thanks. Maybe next time!

Have fun!

Thanks for your help. Might do a boat night dive on full moon.....
hope to meet sometimes....my hubby also dives as well as kids and their significant others....

in Jupiter you should try out the (new) Kyalami with Capn Sl8r and Scubaworks. Kyalami is a brand new state of the art dive boat with an awesome crew. Great diving with BIG sealife. Did i mention the awesome crew?
Seriously Kyalami may ruin you for other operators. Check 'em out.

i'll be free to dive again by the end of Feb and will go out with Kyalami and crew for sure!

Another vote to dive with Scubaworks aboard the Kyalami! Sl8r and his crew are awesome, the boat is clean/spacious, and the dives are always great.

Was enjoying jumping on Kyalami and having it not be packed, I can see it won't last long. Right now I love the boat and Jupiter diving, but I also love WPB and Narcosis. Both are great Ops!

JDC for me. Huge , Gianourmous banked nitrox. Shop has proper DIR gear should I lose or break something. The boat is always right there at surfacing and hits my outstretched hand with the ladder. On a good day I jump off, sink right to the ledge. Use my fins as rudders and come uo to the boat. Little to no finning the entire run.

With 4 divers you'd be sure that Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach would be going out for every trip you had scheduled and you could choose the dives. Maximum of 6 divers, beautiful reefs, a couple of good wrecks, especially the Castor. Might want to give it a try, for at least part of your visit.

Good diving, Craig

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom