I have developed a disease

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pottermom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Two months ago I hesitantly took an OW course "for my husband." He so wanted to dive and I figured for his birthday I would give it my best shot. Not the most comfortable around water I was a bit nervous but I made it through the course and enjoyed it. Now I am working on more training and as stated in a previous post bought my own gear. After only 13 dives I have sad news.

Today I discovered I have a disease.

Scubitis.
I am addicted to diving.

I am not hopeful for a cure.

Situation hopeless...but not serious. Welcome to the club.

I envy you your coastal location...my 'fix' is far less available and infrequent.

You are among friends. If you are a leper, this is the leper colony . . .

Despite how long ago I took my OW I can vividly remember the smell of the diving gear and how excited and energized I felt. To this day the smell of neoprene makes somethign in my brain say, "OH YEAH", just like the smell of pizza must do for someone addicted to eating.

Of all of the addictions I could imagine having, this one suits my life style best :D

R..

It's ok - it really is - oh by the way, I don't want a cure !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom