I have developed a disease

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I came here for help with a disease and what do I get? You all tell me I've only begun to suffer with the mildest of symptoms of Scubitis. This past weekend new symptoms have popped up. Thanks to a few subtle suggestions and a helpful dive buddy I got to try out a videocamera and an other photo equipment. We were only in a murky lake and.... well, I can tell it's only going to get worse when I have something actually worth looking at.

I think I should lock up my money, hide my checkbook, cancel the credit cards and throw away that "need dive money, anything will help, God Bless" sign that I made out of the old cardboard box to use on the corner......

I feel bad for you, cus instead of trying to help find you a cure these witch doctors are making light of your disease or worse helping you with the addiction... You guys should be ashamed of yourselves...:no:

Allow me to end your addiction. Let me safely store your money, keep you checkbook and credit cards. Send me all you dive gear for toxic waste disposal.

Please take up take up inline skating, tennis, snooker or any other sport that is as far away from the water as possible.

I'll only charge you $5000 for this consultation.

My partner and dive buddy was just my enabler - now, after three years of supporting my addiction she has also succumbed...

Only 123 'sleeps' until my next plunge into the Red Sea...

Not that I'm counting :D

Ha, that is kinda why I joined the forum. I live in Utah, not too much diving here. I blame my wife for getting me into the sport, couple that with the fact that I already was a photographer and I have a love of learning, and bam! Well, now I am taking more dive courses and looking for both the money and time to plan more dive trips (and get more camera gear). Lucky for us, my wife's family lives in Hawaii, so we are looking for a summer dive vacation there this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pottermom, There are other problems associated with your disease. I'm a mom too. One of my kids sat me down about 18 months ago and told me I was going diving too much. I only replied by logging another 50 dives in the next 6 months to make it an even 100 for the entire year...a couple were when it was snowing out. My drysuit keeps me warm, I don't see why she was complaining!!! Buy the family some frozen meals and put the pizza delivery phone number on speed dial. if my family wants dinner after I return from a dive, they know it will happen faster if they help me unload and wash my gear. Also, if you have to be out of the water, go to your local LDS and surround yourself with the smell, it helps. Another helpful piece of advice: In the winter i hook my tank up to my regulator, put on my swimsuit, go,out to the hot tub and I just lay face down with regulator in and mask off, it's a "skills review" I tell my family (some regulators aren't made for use in freezing temps, so check out your op manual, but maybe it's time to purchase a new one cuz it looks like you may have 24 dives on it already, sooo -----go upgrade). Oh, and remember this. All of your dive gear will be "upgraded" in 3 years or less...nobody can resist a new piece of dive gear. Be forewarned also, when you are on a dive vacation, and you are planning your next dive vacation on that dive vacation....you're pretty much into the terminal phase of the disease. Good luck, you are with friends, this is a good place... Oops forgot to tell you to check your banks overdraft policy.

We haven't even left on our first dive trip and already are planning one for this time next year!

The news is all bad there is no cure even an injury that kept me out of the water for years has not cured me....

join the club.

O wait, you already have.

and it is scubaitis - dont forget your A it is your apparatus :wink:

...throw away that "need dive money, anything will help, God Bless" sign that I made out of the old cardboard box to use on the corner......

Please do not discard, Pottermom: let's recycle that sign --it may spare me having to dumpster dive looking for a cardboard box. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom