I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't argue what Obama's desires and intentions are. Liberal Republicans like Romney and McCain scare me a lot more on the gun issue than outspoken Democrats like Obama. The so called "Right" will band together with the pro-gun Democrats to stop people like Obama but will not fight a Republican over gun control.

Rob, thanks for the above reply........That is one that will be passed on---lol just don't which 'kid'(have a daughter & 2 sons) will wind up with it......Wish I had some WWII pics of him wearing it, see below pic, thinking I almost did........He finished up his Army career as commander of Masbate Province, Philippines(colonel in Army)........

There's a little more history of him in the Army.....He wound being a Provost marshall when he was reactivated the day after Pearl Harbor(came out of WWI as a Captain--was a Federal man, basically AT&F, even though it wasn't officially called that back then from after WWI till start of WWII & 'ran' moonshiners from Opelousas to N.O., La during that time)....His last 1.5 years being stationed in the US(~'42 & '43), his Executive Officer @ Fort Ord was an 'up & coming' 2LT named Ronald Reagan.......They communicated by letter all the time till my grandfather's death in 1978(family as letter of condolence etc then Gov Reagan sent after his death)....

Here's a pic of the outside of the headquarters taken @ Masabate, Philippines circa 1945, he's the 4th from the left on bottom row......As some have said, wish this gun could talk(they had to 'clean out' some Japs on the island post WWII ending there.).....
10803238666_e64838efdd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Other pics he took that my mother as run across listed here(click link) along with his WWI(one..ie 1917) draft registration my daughter found online...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157637569535385/

BS with capitals.
I'm sorry Mike but my BS meter just pegged

Here in Colorado we've suffered the consequences
"Suffered" ? and who is "we" ?
What specific suffering exactly ?

He's publicly spoken out against firearms,
Yes Obama is clearly for stricter gun regulation no question BUT the blanket statement "against firearms " is not only false , it is nothing less than extreme partisan gun advocate BS rhetoric, the kind that will in fact prove to do more harm than good in influencing the general public on the 2 amendment debate .
In fact as a former staunch supporter of the NRA who now in good conscience can no longer support it. If you must have a boggie man to blame for even stricter future gun control, you need look no further than the idiot LaPierre. His ridiculous posturing makes the NRA and all responsible gun owners look like rabid gun nuts , his long term influence over the NRA is way way more dangerous to 2 amendment rights than 8 years of Obama, trust me.
The horse **** he spews make us all look bad.
If your are capable of taking a deep breath and with an objective mind read this from FactCheck.Dot Org

Did Obama Flip-Flop on Gun Control?

He has spoken out agains what he calls Military style assaualt weapons
This is correct

practically issued a presidential mandate
Again hyperbolae, either he did or did not, issue a mandate .

. Democrats to do everything possible on every level from local, to state to federal to enact more gun control. He publicly backed the Democrats here in Colorado and spoke out clearly his position and here in Colorado we have suffered directly due to this president by his informal policies and influence in restricting firearms in Colorado, with most damaging a magazine limit.
No matter what a president says he cannot pass law, especially not in Colorado period . End of story . Arguably and logically the biggest influence on Colorado gun law is James Egon Holmes between his Aurora Theater Massacre 12 dead 70 wounded and the Columbine High School Massacre 13 dead 24 wounded I would say these were in fact directly responsible for the current Colorado gun laws . Because it simply became politically very risky for any legislator to hold an unyielding posture on stricter gun regulation. If you need a boogie man of influence to blame, blame the unyielding extreme right in the Republican Party and Tea P's for screwing over any reasonable conservative.

Again the BS meter wants to know , what "we" or you, have suffered directly because of any of the new laws ?

Have you been traumatized by having to buy two 15 round clips in stead of one 30 round?

Have you been in recent self defense firefight where you need 16 plus rounds and were you exposed and under such intense sustained return fire you couldn't take the 3 to 5 seconds to load a second 15 round clip?

Or have you denied been a firearm purchase because you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent ?

I'd guess not and if it was you who edited your post, good for you maybe there is still hope .

Last edited:
C'mon people. I don't think we're looking for political debate here, we just like guns. Please move the debate elsewhere.
You are of course correct, carry on

I would like to know where to get the "15 round clips" mentioned above...

I need some clips for my Garand

C'mon people. I don't think we're looking for political debate here, we just like guns. Please move the debate elsewhere.

Sounds like they need to become a Regular on the PUB.

---------- Post added April 1st, 2014 at 04:53 PM ----------

You could weld two together and have 16. Good luck getting it to function.

Wish I had a Garand. That's what Uncle Sam taught me to shot with, then the M14.

Clips are what non fire arm owners think magazines are called, they're knowledge of these inanimate objects is only eclipsed by their fear of them.

I have plenty 8 round enblocs, and (1) 4 round and a 2 round enbloc clip for my Garand, but no magazines.

Clips are what non fire arm owners think magazines are called, they're knowledge of these inannimate objects is only eclipsed by their lack of knowledge of them.
Don't you wish. Yes technically speaking what I was referring to is 15 round Magazine .. BUT actually clip is a generic term for people who simply aren't hung up by a pretentious stick up the butt. And has no relationship to knowledge or ownership ......... speaking of knowledge and enbloc is a "clip"

From Minuteman Review

Argh. Everybody's an expert. Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away.I think we all know what adurso was talking about.

You guys will hate this but I have a brand new Springfield M1A Super Match still in the box, unfired. Quite the Christmas present, I must admit. I plan to remedy the "unfired" part soon. And I ordered the UTS-15 today; I just couldn't stand it. Should have it by Friday and my enabler (who is getting me the UTAS) has two P227's in stock (somehow he thought I'd be interested). My credit card could be in for a BIG hit this week.:wink: I'll try to get some time to shoot some pics of some of my stuff and post them next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom