I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So does the car have an engine or a motor? How about speed and velocity? I argued that one with a science teacher once. He said they were different. Velocity must have a direction vector. I said how can you have speed without direction? Webster said they were the same. Weight vs mass? Sorry, here on earth they are the same. And when I say I need a new clip for my Mustang Pocketlite there is no confusion about what I am talking about. Cartridges vs bullets? Different beasts but generally in context of the conversation we know which one is being talked about. Yes all air fills are nitrox but that does confuse the issue. Inserting a clip in an AR does not confuse the issue. Filling a rifle magazine may or may not leave the rifle loaded. Find something better to do than play word police.

Are you serious? A car can have an engine, a motor or both. An engine is a type of motor, just as a BP/W is a type of BC, but if I were to call my BP/W a BC you'd probably correct me. Speed and velocity aren't the same, nor is weight and mass, that's a fact on this earth that I live on, but maybe your earth is different from mine, I'm not sure where you're from... A clip is not a type of magazine or vice versa and is in no way interchangeable, fact! If you choose to use the wrong terminology, oh well...but don't try to tell me that they're the same thing or mean the same thing. Because people choose to use the wrong terms daily isn't going to make it right eventually.

I know which is which. Personally I could not care less what someone calls them. I find those that obsess over a clip is not a magazine and a magazine is not a clip rather irritating.

Back to the original intent of this thread, someone post some gunny goodness please.

Very stoked that here in Ohio we will finally be able to use PCR's for deer hunting. Has not passed officially yet but word on the street is it will. Can't wait to get my 45/70 out in the woods for something other than target shooting. Also suppressor use for hunting has passed the House and moved to the Senate. While I do not own any supressors anything that expands our rights I am for.

This will be the deerslayer Marlin 1995 GBL
1895_zps6215158d.jpg

Reactions: BRT
You should get at least one suppressor, they will bring a smile to your face. I went to the range yesterday and being able to shoot without ears and hear the bullet pound the metal popper was awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ya know, we as a a civilized beings that rose from the primeval ooze have come a long way in the ways of science, art, literature and language. It is incumbent upon us to if not progress at least not digress. For the sake of our children if nothing else.
Sure, "you should know what I meant" could be ok, but why not be correct?
I was watching NatGeo a few months ago. The aborigines in the province of Cheecha d'Beebee have several meanings for the term "UHG". If they point to pig and say UHG it means eat or food. They have no word for pig. If they point up and say ugh, it can mean sky or sun during the day. At night, well consider the possibilities, lol.
If they point to the crotch or a partner's crotch it means "get your freak on".

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 10:17 PM ----------

All motors are engines, but not all engines are motors.

ummmm UHG?

Ya know, we as a a civilized beings that rose from the primeval ooze have come a long way in the ways of science, art, literature and language. It is incumbent upon us to if not progress at least not digress. For the sake of our children if nothing else.
Sure, "you should know what I meant" could be ok, but why not be correct?
I was watching NatGeo a few months ago. The aborigines in the province of Cheecha d'Beebee have several meanings for the term "UHG". If they point to pig and say UHG it means eat or food. They have no word for pig. If they point up and say ugh, it can mean sky or sun during the day. At night, well consider the possibilities, lol.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 10:17 PM ----------

All motors are engines, but not all engines are motors.

Now that is one I have never heard. An electric engine???

Wut ev. Wrong thread, dude. I should be back home tomorrow, my new UTS should be in and, if so, I'll send pics. Bang bang, not blah, blah.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 09:43 PM ----------

Sorry, referring to the lip, no one else.

Now that is one I have never heard. An electric engine???
If it converts energy into mechanical force, it is an engine. Physics 101.
Ever hear of so called "siege engines" of the Middle Ages. Maybe not suppose.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 11:07 PM ----------

Well, maybe it was ME 101, lol. But it still stands, an engine is a "machine" which converts energy into mechanical force. In the pure engineering definition a crossbow is an engine as is a catapult, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/engine

Last edited:

me ugh guns

Best cinematic explanation of why to never bring a knife to a gun fight

Back
Top Bottom