I lost my PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked it out, looks like it would be $40AU all up. $15 to me then $25 to you.
I appreciate the offer, but I have little faith in the ACR 2992 fitting inside one.

An overpriced idea. How would I hang it from my BC?

Custom Divers PLB Diver Canister | Waterproof Case for Ocean Signal PLB | Dive Canister for PLB
The Customs Diver canister looks like it'd work, but I don't wear a belt. How would I hang it from my BC?

A cute little $12 toy not designed to go to depths.

How would I hang it from my BC?

Buy this For Sale - UK (Underwater Kinetics) Light Cannon for Sale! and rip out the guts. Now you have a housing. You can saw off the handle.
After removing the handle, how would I hang it from my BC?

This is just so beautifully ironic.
Yeah? It insured my safety for 8 years of driving thru dead zones, hikes, farming, and diving. Then I got careless.

The Customs Diver canister looks like it'd work, but I don't wear a belt. How would I hang it from my BC?

Yeah? It insured my safety for 8 years of driving thru dead zones, hikes, farming, and diving. Then I got careless.

How did you clip your other canister? I see only one view so hard to be sure but I would think you could loop a bit of line with a bolt snap or something similar to then clip to BCD.

There is contact info at the bottom of the page. Why not ask them. I couldn’t imagine you would be the first to ask.

+1 on the Custom Diver's canister. It is really a thing of beauty on its own. It's machined from a block of Derlin, the knurling on the case is just a joy to look at.

How did you clip your other canister?
I used a heavy-duty key ring to attach a bolt snap and hung it from my D ring.
What attachment points do you have access to on BC?
D ring on the lower left. I hang a pony on the right.

I used a heavy-duty key ring to attach a bolt snap and hung it from my D ring.

D ring on the lower left. I hang a pony on the right.
"Webbing loops are positioned on the rear so belts may be threaded through for a permanent fix."

Then you should be able to thread a large split ring through the fixed loop at the back and also mount your bolt snap through it.

Something like a quick link might work as well and may even be a bit more secure.
dx-60214_2.jpg

Light Monkey canister. Rock solid and beautiful construction. PLB, candy bar pouch of Gogo. Worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom