I lost my PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone here actually dive with a CUSTOM DIVERS PLB DIVER CANISTER and an ACR 2992? I was just about to order when I noticed that the Internal height is listed as 115mm as compared to the ACR 2992 measuring 4.52"/114.808mm Length. No leeway there.

As I started the order at Custom Divers, the listed £81.00 dropped to £67.50. How interesting, but questionable. Andark.co.uk ships to a long list of counties but not the US?

Does anyone here actually dive with a CUSTOM DIVERS PLB DIVER CANISTER and an ACR 2992? I was just about to order when I noticed that the Internal height is listed as 115mm as compared to the ACR 2992 measuring 4.52"/114.808mm Length. No leeway there.

As I started the order at Custom Divers, the listed £81.00 dropped to £67.50. How interesting, but questionable. Andark.co.uk ships to a long list of counties but not the US?

I have exactly that combo. Fits fine, but, yes not much spare height - which means it doesn’t slam around a ton.

You don't pay VAT when the item is shipped to the US, so I think that the price was adjusted down to reflect your location.

Buy this For Sale - UK (Underwater Kinetics) Light Cannon for Sale! and rip out the guts. Now you have a housing. You can saw off the handle.

I spent a bunch of time making one of these into a very nice canister. Locking belt clip, safety lanyard, retained cap, room for extras, lighter than most ....

It is one of the best canisters I’ve seen.

Except you can't get the *!%#@ cap off. Even when greased up good, a couple pressure cycles and it is bound up tight. Which makes it useless for the desired application.

I have exactly that combo. Fits fine, but, yes not much spare height - which means it doesn’t slam around a ton.
Thanks!

You don't pay VAT when the item is shipped to the US, so I think that the price was adjusted down to reflect your location.
That could be it, but I don't think that they knew where I was when I started the order unless their system checks IP addies. Maybe they do.

I don't understand your idea? How am I going to slip the loop thru? Both are closed loops.
Put the yellow loop under the belt loop and then put the bolt snap through the yellow loop so it cinches itself up around the belt loop. Or the fabric rings that go around the outside of the container look like they can be undone to put through the yellow loop. It’s not a hard concept to get.

Put the yellow loop under the belt loop and then put the bolt snap through the yellow loop so it cinches itself up around the belt loop.
Oh, ok, got it. I think I'll go with that then, maybe secure the yellow loop with a cable tie.

Bought one of these for my Nautilus Lifeline Marine Rescue GPS , $50 off, could not resist.
Just to be sure. I have an other GPS for "going Bush".
Oh, with the Nautilus you could take an eye out, Be cautious when removing antenna retainer. The antenna may spring out rapidly.
custom-divers-dive-canister.jpg

I have exactly that combo.
Do you hang it from a BC D-ring?

20BE61BB-B217-4B74-9C63-FC6E7C64A13F.jpeg
I’m not sure the dimensions or differences in units but here is my set up. Some things to note. If you over tighten the canister it is very hard to undo, the key seems to tighten just enough and back of a hair. It also can leak a tiny bit, I have never had more than a tablespoon or so of water but it is often not bone dry either. No big deal as the unit is water proof and the canister is not totally flooded.
Some pictures
47B8CA4C-45C7-40E6-9EDB-CCABD3D88C05.jpeg

I have a stainless ring and bolt snap,
I clip off in a pocket but you could clip anywhere.

edit: It looks the the unit’s have identical dimensions. I have a bolt snap attached to mine and a velcro strap inside. If I ever have to use it I want to make sure it stays attached to me and that I can try and position it have the antenna pointing up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom