I lost my PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some pictures.
I have a stainless ring and bolt snap,
I clip off in a pocket but you could clip anywhere.
Wait! So there is a hole in the end of the canister big enough for a heavy-duty keyring? That's great. I'll use the same ring & bolt snap setup to hang it from my D-ring. No need for all of the belt & holster stuff. Love that.

Wait! So there is a hole in the end of the canister big enough for a heavy-duty keyring? That's great. I'll use the same ring & bolt snap setup to hang it from my D-ring. No need for all of the belt & holster stuff. Love that.
There sure is. I’ll have to dig around I may have had to order a few of the stainless split rings. If I find them I’ll mail you one

I really liked that older model fine, had the battery replaced and the unit refurbished a couple of years ago, and I hate that it's gone. It was after the last dive of the trip so no risk there, as a wire in the connection came loose in handling somewhere. The metal name tag was found, but not the canister and unit. I should have checked that closer before the trip and replaced it before leaving home. I am going to try to claim it on my trip insurance, but I'm not optimistic.

So I think that I will go with the ACR 2992 View. It seems worth the extra cost over the 2921, and I don't want to buy a used 2881 not knowing the condition well enough for my comfort. I'm looking for a canister again as the Hdvseatek seems to be no longer produced. PLB dive canisters are still difficult to shop for.

This one looks like a maybe: Best Divers 40m Waterproof Dry Canister - Big Flat - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop I don't know if they ship to the US, and I am a little concerned about the fit. The ACR 2992 measures 4.52"/114.808mm Length x 2.03"/51.562mm Width x 1.49" Depth and the canister inside dimensions are listed as 135 mm x 52mm. The curve of the canister is going to make 51.562mm too close to call. The price is nice at $43 Australian dollars/$32 USD plus shipping, but I need to know more, and quickly as I have another trip in 5½ weeks. I'll try emailing them.

While I am waiting on a reply, anyone else found a good PLB canister for $100 or so?
Your trip insurance maybe secondary coverage? Your homeowners insurance would be primary in that case. Give you homeowners insurance a call. It should be covered, but it may be less than your deductible?

It was not stolen or burnt so maybe no coverage? It does not hurt to ask...

I’ll have to dig around I may have had to order a few of the stainless split rings. If I find them I’ll mail you one
I have several, thanks.
Your trip insurance maybe secondary coverage? Your homeowners insurance would be primary in that case. Give you homeowners insurance a call. It should be covered, but it may be less than your deductible?

It was not stolen or burnt so maybe no coverage? It does not hurt to ask...
Good idea, thanks.

Do you hang it from a BC D-ring?
Currently BC waistbelt, in the supplied strap-basket with a bungee safety lanyard from the belt to the canister itself. It doesn't flop around and I don't even know it is there.

Recommendation, FWIW: I ordered a couple sets of spare Orings with the canister so I don't have to hunt them in the future.

I like the custom canister I got from light monkey. I added a drop d ring onto my bcd and it attaches to 2 d rings. I can take a pic if you’d like.

Well, I got the Custom Divers canister ordered and shipped. I love that it has a keyring hole.

Getting an ACR 2922 shipped is a challenge. I tried several sites, and they all have them on backorder. I have a pending order with the GPS Store who expects their order in on the 21st. They do include free two-day air. If they don't ship by Friday, the 23rd, I may cancel and reorder elsewhere. It looks like I may get the canister from England before I get the unit.

Well, I got the Custom Divers canister ordered and shipped. I love that it has a keyring hole.

Getting an ACR 2922 shipped is a challenge. I tried several sites, and they all have them on backorder. I have a pending order with the GPS Store who expects their order in on the 21st. They do include free two-day air. If they don't ship by Friday, the 23rd, I may cancel and reorder elsewhere. It looks like I may get the canister from England before I get the unit.
When I purchased mine I got it through scubaboard member @seeker242 , he was most helpful. They may not be able to help if availability is an issue but worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom