I lousy my dc1400 (sealife)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davend Dominick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I lousy my dc1400 on my last trip. Frankly I have had it for several years and was thinking of replacing it. I was never happy with the auto focus on it, so almost always shot in macro... Yuck I know.
I am considering the dc2000. However, I am worried that going with another compact is going to leave me dissatisfied. Mind you, I am not planning on buying a cannon d series or anything else in that price range. I do this for fun, not a living. Lol
A couple things that would help a compact, to me, would be spout focus, so I could choose the focus point and then move the center away from that spot. It would also be nice to know that the autofocus actually did focus under water.
So, here are the real questions
Are there any cameras, in the dc2000 price range, that:
Have very good autofocus?
Have spot focus?
You would personally recommend?
And lastly, users of the dc2000,
Do you like it better than the dc1400?
Do you like it overall, out do you wish that you had spent a little extra on something else?
If you wish you had gotten something rise, what would you have gotten?

Was that long thigh? Lol
Thank you all for your help.
David

What is your "real" budget?
Look at the Olympus TG-5, quite nice very good for macro.
Bill

Ditto. TG-5 and housing. Someone I know went from mirrorless Oly with housing and lenses to TG-5 with housing and only using her homemade Chinese flashlight video light. Her pictures are the best I have ever seen from her. It also has "microscope"mode to take supermacro pictures with no add on lens.

Back
Top Bottom