I love Cressi!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh yeah and a spare pair of cressi Rondine-a fins...I don't imagine any unhappy cressi owners out there! have fun with your ellipse steel.

I got the Rondine's a few years ago and thought them to be real stiff till I got used to them. They seemed to be aimed at the big-thighed free diver market and that sure ain't me! But I love them now and, even though I work harder, I get farther with them. Cressi has a true devotion to diving that others only talk about in ads. It really shows in their products and I'm going to keep adding their products. Good on ya, Cressi.

Frankpro1 - we have an instructor that regulary dives/teaches with his gara pros, and he swears by them...only problem is he has to remember to slow down, or his students swear at him (they'll make you fast).

they do work well for diving, but remember, since they only come in full foot, it might limit you (unless you have tough feet)

:D

Frankpro1 - we have an instructor that regulary dives/teaches with his gara pros, and he swears by them...only problem is he has to remember to slow down, or his students swear at him (they'll make you fast).

they do work well for diving, but remember, since they only come in full foot, it might limit you (unless you have tough feet)

:D

Since they are only full foot, they would probably only be used in summer time. But that's when I do most of my free-diving any way. I can see them being a problem in tight limited spaces "like reef crevices and such", but for wide open scuba... they might work... Thnx.:wink:

they are an incredible fin. if you are looking to add depth or performance to your free-diving, these will do it. the instructor that i mentioned added 30ft to his depth on the first dive!

they are an incredible fin. if you are looking to add depth or performance to your free-diving, these will do it. the instructor that i mentioned added 30ft to his depth on the first dive!

30ft on his first dive! Damn! That is incredible... I'm not really looking for another scuba fin since my Jets work so good... But am def. in the market for some good free-dive fins... looks like those are the ones... Now to just find a dealer in my area. Thankz

Cressi markets an excellent line of regs. and I have never understood why they have not been more popular in the Us. Larry at Scubatoys told me he dropped the line because of lack of support. I can't understand lack of support for a company the size of Scubatoys.

Anyway, Cressi does market an outstanding line of masks and fins. They are much more popular than their regs. Many shops seem to carry the masks and fins, but not the regs.

I have spearfished with the Gara 2000 fins for many years. They are very powerful, but in addition to leg strength, they do require a different technique then today's darling, the split fins.
Because of the length of the blade, one needs to allow it to "fire" before beginning the next cycle. That doesn't mean stop between kick cycles, but one needs to be in tune with what the blade is doing. Trying to do the typical split fin kick would kill someone with legs like Lance Armstrong's.

About a year ago, I decided to try a pait of Rondine A's. They have a reputation for being very stiff, but, since i am used to garas, I thought they would be fine for me. I was right. After more than 100 dives, I can say that I really like these fins. With them, I have terrific control when diving within inches of the bottom, yet plenty of power when needed. But, they are definitely not for everyone.

Cressi fins are uniquely beautiful to look at. They are more than just a foot pocket with a blade attached. I used to work in the rubber molding business, and recognize Cressi designs require world-class moldmakers. They have them.

If there was a "Rubber Molding Hall of Fame" they would be in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom