I Max Dive Buddy Data Logger rip off blubuddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
As a kick starter for the blubuddy project this rip-off product being offered at pirahna scuba upsets me. I am purposely not including a link but it is being advertised in the hot deal section of this forum. I Max Dive Buddy Data Logger.

Any comments?
:angrymob:

As a kick starter for the bluebuddy project .....
Thank you for being a backer and thank you for your concerns :D

....Any comments?
They are legit .... as we do have a business agreement in place with Maxtec

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It looks like they legally licensed your case design and software.

Last edited:
It looks like they ripped off your case design and software.
As I indicated in a previous post, the Maxtec iMax Dive Buddy product is legitimate as it is based on our technology (that they buy from us).

In this it's no different than say Pelagic Systems selling the same technology to Oceanic, Sherwood, etc that produces a computer with their own names on it. Or Seiko selling to IST, Dive Rite, and anyone else. To call it a rip off is not only rude but an outright lie and an apology called for.

If it were not for these types of deals that bring in extra income many items would be prohibitively expensive to do.

---------- Post added September 15th, 2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

I like the idea but as someone who does not care for Apple there is no way I'm giving up my Motorola Droid, unless it's for a Samsung Galaxy maybe, to be able to use it. I don't care for the Iphone and do not want to switch OS. I like the android platform.

.....I like the idea but as someone who does not care for Apple there is no way I'm giving up my Motorola Droid, unless it's for a Samsung Galaxy maybe, to be able to use it. I don't care for the Iphone and do not want to switch OS. I like the android platform.

Then use the My bluebuddy for Android App :D

No apology will be given. I thought divnav was getting ripped off and wanted to alert them. It has been clarified above with appropriate wording so as not to offend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom