I might regret asking this, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
... what do you dudes wear under your tropical wetsuit?

For the last few years, I've been wearing nylon running shorts under my wetsuit, but they're all kind of rotting away. My "bathing suits" are all board shorts so too bulky for stuffing inside a wetsuit.

I'm well past my Speedo days...

I'm trying to avoid heading to the mall before I know what I'm looking for.

So, what are you guys wearing???

When I still wore wetsuits, I wore nothing under them.

DW

Packing a jammer style suit for my trip to cocos right now. I’ll wear a board shirt over it on the boat. I like the endurance style suits. Ie nylon. Anything else tends to degrade quickly.

have fun in Belize.

Yoga shorts by Prana. Not tight, nice wicking fabric, no weird outlines.

You are a coldwater sort.

I prefer thin merino wool if I must to have something wet against my skin. I have a drysuit that an instructor sized for me, it is like shrink-wrap. I foolishly took it to Ontario for ice diving without first trying my heavy thermals in it. My thermals would NOT fit in that wetsuit. So, I dove ice in just thin Merino woolies and was fine, even where the water leaked in.

Disclaimer: I have NOT tried thin Merino wool with my wetsuit, (I use bicycle shorts, very stretchy and my car key goes in the pocket).

On my boat, commando. On a dive shop boat, long ride, having to change with other people around....same...I'm an old fart....
But seriously, on a long boat ride, any tight fitting nylon shorts

at 53, Jammers (long legged swim suit)

upload_2020-3-7_12-20-0.png

Then a pair of shorts over them for pre-and-post dive.

I like to wear my snorkel in my wetsuit.

I wear underarmour compression shorts. I don’t wear anything over them, I think it’s okay.

Back
Top Bottom