I need help with a dive trip to cabo san lucas, mexico.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfdiver140

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wanting to plan a two week dive trip to Cabo San Lucas Mexico at the end of July. Any suggestion where to stay, dive operation to use. Should I go with an all inclusive dive resorts? Resort and then use a dive shop? Really not sure how to do this. What to be careful of???? Open to all advise...thank you so much!! My girlfriend is new to diving and she is very excited about a trip I really want her to have a great time....I do hear that Manta's dive shop is a good one.....how is the shore diving? I know nothing about the area so any suggestion would help.....any local Cenotes to dive?? thank you.

see my report here for some info. I wasn't able to do any shore diving though I believe you could do it. Most of the sites in cab san lucas are along the shore but nearly impossible to get to with gear. I did walk to the twin beaches but gear carrying would be a challenge. I did not hear of local cenotes. The diving is very nice there, with some opportunities to see pelagics as well as the ubiquitous sea lions.

I've only used Manta, and was very satisfied. I took my daughters & nephews for a LTD with them last year, & they were great.patient, careful, interested, and excited. Would use them again.

It occurs to me that it would help the OP if people recommending dive shops would indicate why they really liked them/recommended them.

Hi

Great to hear your planning a trip to Cabo for some diving.

I recommend booking the hotel and dive operation seperate. Since there a few dive shops in town it really depends on what you are looking for in a dive operation. We are a small operation that take small groups to ensure that you have the best experience possible (max 5 per Divemaster).

Our Divemaster also carries a gopro camera which we give you complementary at the end of your diving. We have some great local sites and as mentioned in a previous reply it is very difficult to do shore diving and to get to the best sites you will need to go by boat.

Unfortunately no Cenotes in the area but there is lots to see including possible sea lion encounters, large schools of fish, eels, rays and nudibranchs.

If you would like any more information please contact me directly on the below email.

Regards
Charlotte (Charlie)

I recommend Nautilus Dive Tech for the simple reason that they have their own training pool. The owner is also a great instructor and very patient with students. They aren't right on the marina, but not that far a walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom