I need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellmoundal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased the Intova Sport Pro and had terrible success with it. As long as I was under 100 feet it did well. Over 100 feet the camera flooded every time.
I have received credit for the camera and have purchased a Sea Life DC 1400 with Strobe. I have not used it yet and after my experience with the last camera I am a little uncomfortable taking it to a depth of over 100 feet.
I know about greasing the O Ring and making sure it is clean. I did all of that with mt Intova. Any good advice as to how to prevent flooding? I know it happens but what is the best preventitive measure?:shakehead:

I don't think you grease Sealife O-rings. I have had several models and never flooded one, altho I have screwed up otherwise. My bud flooded one once when he did not inspect the O-ring and left a hair in the way. Don't be so nervous and enjoy your cam. :wink:

I took some great pictures over the weekend with my Sealife DC 1400. You are right. No grease on the O Ring. I will inspect it on the camera and the strobe before each use.
Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

• PEACOCK & ORANGE GROVE CAVE 005.jpg
    PEACOCK & ORANGE GROVE CAVE 005.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 143

Back
Top Bottom