I need info on diving with a disability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamaussiediver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have written a book on diving in the Great Barrier Reef which is free to download from www.DiveAdvisory.org. In the next edition I would like to include a section on diving with a disability.
I would love anyone who knows about this topic to give me some info to include, eg frequently asked questions, what do you need to know to plan your holiday etc.
Get the first edition free and tell me where you think I could best improve to include disabled divers. Go to www.iveAdvisory to get the first edition free, You will also be sent the second edition free for contributing.
Thanks in advance,
happy reading and diving!
:wink:

Contact Jim Elliott at www.diveheart.org. Great guy and a great organization. I tried to DL your book, didn't work. I'm interested in seeing it.

Sorry about the difficulties with the book download and thankyou for letting me know. The email and name has been removed which should have fixed the problem. Please go to www.DiveAdvisory.org and try again, let me know if it doesn't work and I can send you the file via email.
I will contact diveheart for info,
Thanks again,
Lucy

I think the UK rag Diver has an artical on just this subject. It is about a class to teach diver who to assit diver with disablilites but not do everything for them. Here is the link

http://www.divernet.com/technique/0506disability.shtml

Hopes this helps and you could do a whole chapter on Matt alone, his story is amazing and right here on ScubaBoard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom