i need to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rome90

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i just recently moved to murray kentucky from the Washington state coast so im kinda dive deprived:/ i need to know some good spots and if anyone need a dive partner:wink:

Hi! Welcome to the KPP! Not sure what part of KY you're from,... I'm in the western region. I frequently dive at Pennyroyal quarry in the south western part of the state. If you ever find yourself down there look me up. I'm usually there 3/5 weekends when I'm not working. Coming from Washington State, you should be acclimated (I assume:D) with diving colder waters. That is a fact here also in the winter & at depths below 60 ft. Anyway look me up if you're heading that way & I'll see what I can do.

im in the western part too murray is about 30 min west of land between the lakes and about 1:20 min from clarksville TN.

I am very familiar with Murray..... I am an MSU Agriculture Alumni, more than a decade ago.:D I live a bit east & north of you in Owensboro. You are about as far from Pennyroyal (Hopkinsville) as I am. Here is their website: Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort . You are about an hour away form Pennyroyal using the East/ West "crossover road" that goes through Land Between The Lakes (I had to take classes in Hopkinsville also & commuted quite a bit). As of right now, I will be at Pennyroyal Sat.- Mon. Memorial day weekend with some students (Specialties on Sat. & OW Sun. & Mon.). After that I will be back (weekends) the beginning of July,.... being kept quite busy with teaching classes. I also have some days off during the week, working the crazy shifts I do. The quarry is open Wed.- Sun. Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. You'd be welcome to "hang out" with us, if I have a class or, if after, I'd be most happy to show you around. I have nearly 350 dives in that quarry alone. Coming from where you do,... I assume you are familiar with cold water diving... Right now the waters are still quite cool at 60 degrees at the surface:cold:. Below 60 ft. it is pretty much 42 degrees year round. During the summertime it usually warms up quite nicely to about 30 ft deep (80- 85 degrees), however, with all the rain we've had & not much sun,... its taking longer to warm up than usual. Anyway, just shoot me a message if you are ever interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom