I purchased a 3mm suit, was it a mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like others have said, it's a personal thing. I use a 3mm for the Bahamas (similar water temps). I always suggest having a separate hooded vest, as it's something that you can add over top for extra warmth.

I dont understand your setup. You have a hooded vest AND a semiddry? A semidry wetsuit means built in hood and flaps under the zipper..... You wear two hoods?
No the wetsuit has no hood. It has soft neoprene at the the neck, wrists, and ankles that provide a level of seal and limit flushing. It also has a large back flap that prevents water ingress from the zip to you.

http://www.probewetsuits.com/shop-aus/category.asp?Cat=1

I'm a novice compared to most of you, but I've been out enough to know everyone is different.

I am comfortable and having fun doing 3 60+ minute dives in 80 F water in just my skin, while others on the same boat will have varying layers between 3mm, 5mm or just a hood and vest and that works for them.

What I would caution against is listening to someone who insists what to do or not to do in ALL CAPS as if they know your tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom