I rolled the dice, cross your fingers for me.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhoadc

Registered
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I am on very tight budget for diving equipment.

I needed to get a warmer wetsuit, a 3mm just doesnt cut it diving in MN and WI! I had about 250 and figured on a 7mm or a closeout semi dry.

Instead I rolled the dice and bought a used dry suit on Ebay :shakehead:

I know they are always a gamble but the price was too good. I was able to get it for $100. Judging from the answers I got from the seller he had no idea what it was. I figure if its a worst case scenario and needs all the seals and a zipper its still cheaper then a new suit. I also think I may lean to do the seals myself.

In the pictures it shows dry gloves, they are not original. That leads me to belive the suit was in for service once?? If I post a pic can somebody ID what gloves are on the suit??

Keep your fingers crossed! I figure at worst it will give me a cgance to learn how to patch leaks, change seals, zippers, etc.

Rhoades

Last edited:
Bloody brilliant. Well done. Do not use aquaseal to patch wetsuit neoprene.

What would be the best to patch neoprene?

$100 for anything that isn't a total wreck is probably worth it. How much does it cost to rent a drysuit? Even if you save a half-dozen rentals you'll be ahead...

If you're a DIY kind of guy, I'd highly recommend you invest in the AirSpeed Press dry suit book. It's an excellent reference.

Wrist seals are pretty easy to replace. Neck seals just require that you figure out the right kind of form to hold the base of the seal expanded and stable while you do the replacement. Zippers still intimidate me, but I know people who do their own. Leaks are common, and although they can be somewhat difficult to locate, they are generally pretty easy to repair once you find them. The only real exception to this is when the material delaminates. When this occurs, the suit is going to leak until you replace it.

Good luck with this! A lot of suits are sold VERY cheaply because they require fairly minor repair (like seals) and no one will pay much for them as a result.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I can post better pics when it arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom