I take back every mean thing I’ve ever said about my LDS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I walked into my LDS today to just see what was new, actually I had an agenda but I’ll get to that in a minute.

We were talking about stuff and they mentioned they had a bunch of old LP hoses saved up to give me. Cool! I use them as rail guards on my plates and I like to repurpose stuff that would otherwise be thrown out.
While we’re on the subject of throwing stuff out, they mentioned they still had that old double hose laying around in the back and If I didn’t take it they were going to throw it in the dumpster. I reluctantly agreed to take it, so they gave me this for free:
545D4A30-BF91-4D00-8C9E-D08350E8ED57.jpeg

It appears to be a later 60’s maybe very early 70’s DAAM.
I’ll get the parts ordered from Bryan right away.
The rubber hoses are in excellent shape.
The external port I can see it needs is a LP port cap.
There was a hose on that port but I took it off.
Looks like I’m diving back into vintage again, nice :)
I fought it off for years because it’s a disease but I can’t pass up free stuff. And I want to look cool diving with it.

The agenda part:
I originally wanted to go in and have a conversation with them about carrying the Freedom Plate.
I’m going back in tomorrow to have a mini seminar on the concept and it looks like they are going to give it a shot! Too cool!!
They will be the first LDS to stock my product so we’ll see how it goes.
Total win today all the way around.

Pm me an address and I'll send you the hookah port cap.
Or you can send me the reg....lol.

Welcome to the dark side. I'm still diving my ~1969 Royal Aquamaster, but to be truthful, after a rehab visit to VDH in 2018, it should be called a Phoenix Royal Aquamaster HPR. The only part that is still original may be the can and the label. I have tried diving the DH with both my lightweight freedom plate and with VDH's double hose plate; so far I've managed better with Bryan's plate but maybe after you get yours in the water and the rig all trimmed out you can post the details and photos! Oh and @herman has some tools specifically for DH that you might look over, DM him with your email for a catalog.

How much is that reg. worth?

How much is that reg. worth?
Probably $100 to $150 maybe?
Or less right now because it needs to be gone through.
Prices on that stuff are not what they used to be.
I sold my last DA for $200 on eBay several years ago and it was pristine. Prices were even sliding then.
I’m going to run this one bone stock, no Phoenix
upgrade. I have a 72 with an HP port for an SPG and I’ll dive it on a plate with no BC. Either that tank or one of my other 72’s with no HP port and just wait until it starts to breathe hard and come up.

Oh yes forgot to mention,
My LDS (Seal’s Water Sports in Santa Rosa, CA) took on the Freedom Plate, It finally happened!
I was in there today and went through the whole thing, explanations, set up, etc.
We have one of each size on display and a fourth all rigged ready dive that Jennifer the in-house instructor and floor person will be diving for a while to test.
They will be ordering wings and components for the others and setting a few up right away.
We talked about setting up the shop to have a few in the rental fleet in time. I think that will help. After that maybe setting up the instructors.
This is all brand new to them so they will need support for sure.
I’m hoping that since they are trying it out others might follow suit. There a shop in Marin County that sells to some very wealthy people so I’m hoping they might be interested in a product of luxury as well.
Finally getting it in the brick and mortar world is huge! Just have to be patient and never give up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom