I tested positive for covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took another test last Sunday for pre-op for a procedure. The lab is running slowly due to the huge number of tests but my results this Tuesday afternoon came back negative.
I never had a symptom.

Good to hear that! :)

Did your wife & daughter have symptoms?

Are you in DAN study?

I did the DAN initial survey. My wife and daughter both had symptoms.
They both took tests last week. My daughter is negative but my wife still shows positive. They took the slow test not the near instant test.

I did the DAN initial survey. My wife and daughter both had symptoms.
They both took tests last week. My daughter is negative but my wife still shows positive. They took the slow test not the near instant test.
Something like 30 to 40% will continue to test positive even 3 weeks post infection. Some test positive for months. This is one reason why post infection testing is no longer recommended.

Something like 30 to 40% will continue to test positive even 3 weeks post infection. Some test positive for months. This is one reason why post infection testing is no longer recommended.
Is there some kind of proof that people cannot spread the virus after a certain amount of time?

I had the first dose of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine yesterday. Had a slight, possibly imaginary headache and went to bed early, feel like a champ this morning.

Best regards,
DDM

Is there some kind of proof that people cannot spread the virus after a certain amount of time?
There is no such thing as “proof” in medicine. Typically the best we can do is “evidence based medicine” so when the evidence changes so does the recommendations. I know this can be tough for the public that wants hard and fast answers but virtually impossible when dealing with something so new as the novel coronavirus.

But in this cause there is pretty good evidence. The PCR test can detect very small particles of the virus, even bits and pieces that can not replicate and spread illness. Attempts to culture the virus from individuals that are more than nine days from onset of symptoms have been unsuccessful. Hence the 10 days, > 24 hours fever free and improved symptoms recommendation and these are minimal recommendations. And of course an individual still needs to wear a mask and practice social distancing.

I had the first dose of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine yesterday. Had a slight, possibly imaginary headache and went to bed early, feel like a champ this morning.

Best regards,
DDM

I had my first Moderna injection on 12/24. The second will be 1/21. My brother (a dive instructor), his wife (a dive master), and their kids (20 & 25 y.o.) are all infected. Brother had a chest xray yesterday, no pneumonia but he is just not getting better. They gave him a week of prednisone. SIL was given antibiotics. For a viral infection. WTG FL Fam. I sent the DAN link to my brother. Hopefully he’ll take part in it when he’s up to it.

And of course an individual still needs to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Can't win for losing. Some of the vaccine skeptics have seized on that and used it to cast doubt on the vaccine's efficacy. Can't say as I blame them, either, because a lot of us were mainly hoping that a vaccine would end the restrictions.

Can't win for losing. Some of the vaccine skeptics have seized on that and used it to cast doubt on the vaccine's efficacy. Can't say as I blame them, either, because a lot of us were mainly hoping that a vaccine would end the restrictions.

Ending the restrictions is the end goal and will happen when we reach herd immunity, just like with other virus infections that we have vaccines for. If we were certain that vaccinated individuals can't spread the virus, maybe it can happen sooner, but we just don't know at this point.

Had dose #2 of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. It hit me a little harder than the first dose; had some chills and felt flu-ish last night and still a little wonky this morning, but overall very grateful that my workplace has such a well-run vaccine clinic. Grateful for science as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom