I there still a connectivity problem with Predators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just wondering if the Predators are still having connectivity problems? I was diving my Prism2 this weekend & got a low internal battery alarm. I changed out the battery with a new Saft battery. I was not surprised at this, as it was the original battery put into the unit when manufactured a year ago. The next dive, I got the same alarm. I changed it out with a new Saft battery from another lot. No further alarms,...... but then on the last dive I did, my wrist unit started giving alarms. I just changed the battery about 2 weeks ago & that was the first weekend that I used the unit after the battery change. It is quite possible that I may have gotten a bad lot of batteries. I am going to put them on a volt meter & see what I get. I'm certain I've got the updated battery cap on the wrist unit. Both the wrist unit & the internal battery are in the same type cradles. I'm trying to figure out if it is bad Saft batteries, bad connection or cooler waters (45- 70 degrees). Just searching for some answers.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 12:21 PM ----------

OK, A few things learned. the internal battery alarms is for the wrist unit itself,.. not the HUD, as I had first thought. I put the batteries on a multimeter & they consistently would read 3.65 V. When I put the batteries into the cradle of the wrist unit & powered it up, it would read 3.54 V at first, then drop to 3.46 V within a couple of minutes When I would insert the cradle, it would drop to a steady 3.42.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom