I think I got the best of the dealer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike11

Reaction score
I was out just "looking" at new equipment yesterday, when... the owner said "Have I got a deal for you!" I thought that it would turn out to be one of theose things that the dealer tries to convince you into buying a $3000 reg. with $1000 BCD to follow it up. But, I still played along anyway. 1 and half hours later I came out of the shops pool and said "Sold!" What I bought, for the price was almost insane. I got:

Titan 1st and 2nd stage reg.

LPO octo

SeaSquest Mavrick BCD

Suunto pressure gauge, compass, and depth gauge

All for $600! He even let me use it before I bought it. The Titan is $250, LPO is $130, SeaQuest Maverick is $460, Suunto combo is $230. All this adds up to $1070. Go figure!

Mike

All right Mister! Put your hands on the wall and spread your feet! LOL! Talk about robbery... Did you by any chance have a gun in your hand at the time? LOL

Congrats on finding some quality gear at a good price Mike, enjoy!

I think it may have been because I was wearing a Denver Broncos hat, and the owner of the dive shop loves the Broncos!

Mike

(And no, I didn't have a gun in my hand)

Good deal, Mike!

Actually, it is always a good idea to ask diveshops if they have any "packages" for sale. Since all your equipment probably came from the same distributor (AquaLung, Seaquest and Suunto are all one now...at least, in this part of the world), the dealer probably got a really good discount on buying in quantity and was nice enough to pass the discount on to his customers.

Usually you will save money in the long run buying the whole set at once.

Congrats on your buy! And enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom