I this Haskel any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this on eBay....dunno if it is any good, or if anyone is interested...I thought I'd pass it on:

Haskel Booster

Twelve hundred bones seems pretty reasonable, but then again, I dont know what the hey I'm talking about....

:D :D :D :D

WK

Contact the seller and get the modle number, and any history on the booster. It may need to be 02 cleaned, that can cost about $400.00 just for the o-ring kit.

If it all works out and the price stays low, it may not be a bad buy.

Eric

There is NO reason to get a Haskel O2 cleaned. You lift the inert gas, not the O2. And the amount of pure O2 you need is small enough that even a short fill is sufficient.

Roak

No! According to Haskel, the AA series are amplifiers, not boosters - they are cut-rate versions intended to be powered by the same, inert, gas as being boosted, and have only single seal separation between the HP and LP side, so they are very dubious choices for boosting high FO2 mixes. There were a bunch of AA-9s sold as "O2 clean" to the tech dive community recently, and several of them combusted when used with high FO2s.

Also, the AA-5's have a fairly lowa boost ratio. I don't have the specs handy, but it may be good up to only 1000 psi or so.

Anyone thinking about buying a Haskel on Ebay really ought to get a full set of Haskel catalogs first, and really familiarize themselves with the line. You can always call Haskel if you have a question, they are very helpful.

Originally posted by Windknot
Found this on eBay....dunno if it is any good, or if anyone is interested...I thought I'd pass it on:

Haskel Booster

Twelve hundred bones seems pretty reasonable, but then again, I dont know what the hey I'm talking about....

:D :D :D :D

WK

Didn't I read that someplace???? I should have looked that up in a reference book I got from someone....

I knew that I had heard something like that. I guess I better do a re-read.

Thanks...

WK

You should try a Harlow Booster, Oxyhacker. They work OK and are a help of a lot cheaper!!

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom